At an airport I overheard a father and daughter during their last moments together. Her flight was ready for boarding and they were standing near the departure gate. They hugged and he said, "I love you, I wish you enough." She in turn said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."
在机场我无意中听到父女俩在最后分别时刻的谈话。女儿正准备上飞机,他们站在飞机门附近。他们拥抱着,父亲说:“我爱你,我希望你能知足常乐,尽享人生。”女儿回答说:“爸爸,我们在一起生活了这么长时间我已经很知足了,您给我的爱也够了,我也希望你能知足常乐,尽享人生,爸爸!”
They kissed goodbye and she left. The man walked over towards the window near where I was seated. I could see that he wanted and needed to cry.
吻别后,女儿走了。父亲朝着我座位附近的窗子走过来,我可以看出他忍不住要哭。
I tried not to intrude upon his privacy, but he welcomed me by asking, "Have you ever said goodbye to someone knowing that it would be forever?"
我尽力不触及他的隐私,但他却向我打招呼,问:“你曾经有过明知是永别却还对某人说再见的经历吗?”
"Yes, I have." Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all that my Dad had done for me. Recognizing that his days were numbered, I took the time to tell him, face to face, how much he meant to me. So I knew what this man was going through.
“我有过这种经历。”这句话让我想起我曾为父亲为我所做的一切向他表示过我的爱和感激。知道他在世的日子不多后,我特意当面对他说他对我有多么重要。所以我理解这个人此时的感受。
"Forgive me for asking, but why is this goodbye forever?" I asked.
“请原谅我问一句,为什么是永别呢?”我问。
"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is, her next trip back will be for my funeral," he said.
“我老了,她又住的那么远。我的未来生活充满挑战。实际上,她再回来的时候便是参加我的葬礼了。”他说。
"I heard you say 'I wish you enough' May I ask what that means?"
“我听到你说‘我希望你知足常乐,尽享人生’,那是什么意思?”
He began to smile. "That is a wish that has been handed down through the generations. My parents used to say it to everyone."
他露出微笑。“那个愿望是我们家代代相传的。我的父母过去常对每个人说。”
The man paused a moment, then looked up, as if trying to remember the details.
那人顿了一下,抬了抬头,像是在尽力回想其中的细节。
"When we say I wish you enough, we want the other persons to have a life filled with enough good things to sustain them."
“我们对人们说知足常乐,尽享人生,就是希望对方的生活里充满幸事,支撑他们走下去。”
He then turned to me and shared the following, as if he were reciting it from memory:
他转向我,对我说了下面这些话,像是在背诵:
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
我希望你有足够的阳光让你乐观。
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
我希望你有足够的雨水让你更加感激阳光。
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirits up.
我希望你有足够的幸福使你情绪激昂。
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
我希望你有足够的痛苦感受生命中微小的欢乐带来的幸福。
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
我希望你得到更多,满足你的需要。
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
我希望你失去更多,珍惜所有。
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final Goodbye.
我希望你在永别后能广交朋友。
Then the man began to sob and walked away.
那个人开始抽泣,然后走开了。
打击有毒食品 My Ideas on Cracking down On Poisonous Food
关于爱的英语作文Love
工作与娱乐Work and Play
微博 Microblog
电话不能取代书信 Phones Will Not Kill Letter Writing
外事接待英语之约会
爱的火焰(The flame of love)
女大学生找工作难的问题Female University Students is Difficult Finding Jobs
美文赏析:整个世界因你而不同
关于第一次约会
为何肢体语言如此重要 Why Body Language Is Important?
关于家庭,朋友,事业的英语作文Family, Friends, Career
美文赏析:愿得一人心,白首不分离
新研究:世界最健康的5种饮食方式
爸爸的惊喜 Dad’s Surprise
节后想要涨点Money?求加薪的正确姿势
关于体育锻炼积极的方面和消极方面
创造绿色校园Creating a Green Campus
金融英语之银行与计算机
《王冠》有望在11月4日首播
谷歌生日?9件关于Google你不知道的事情
吵架时,助你一臂之力的英文
关于捕杀野生动物
百看不厌的美剧
My View on Credit Card Consumption
网络经济Net Economy
金融英语之银行的种类
关于非物质文化遗产保护Protecting the Intangible Cultural Heritages
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Part-time Job
《纸牌屋》演员莫莉帕克将扮演莫林罗宾逊
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |