你曾经因为一字之差而闹笑话吗?有哪些字是你刻骨铭心的惨痛经验?你觉得有哪些关键字汇让你顿足捶胸,或茅塞顿开?
当考路的考官说“pull over”时,你是否会不知所措?有人邀请你参加“Potluck Party”时,你会不会空手赴宴?在速食店里,店员问“for here or to go?”你是否会丈二金刚摸不着头脑,莫名其妙?“Give me a ring!”可不是用来求婚的“Drop me a line!”更非要你排队站好。老美说“Hi!What’s up!”你可别说“I am fine!”
你曾经闹过这些笑话吗?让我们来看看,这些字,你怎麽说?
Potluck Party:一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,参加的人必须带一道菜或准备饮料,最好事先问问主人的意思。
Pull over!把车子开到旁边。
Drop me a line!写封信给我。
Give me a ring = Call me!来个电话吧!
For here or to go?堂食或外卖。
Cool:That’s cool! 等於台湾年轻人常用的囗语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。
What’s up? = What’s happening?=What’s new? 见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
Don’t give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!
Get yourself together! 振作点行不行!
Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。
Hang in there. = Don’t give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。
Give me a break! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
Hang on. 请稍候。
Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。
What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。
Go for it. 加油
You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的!
Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。
Don’t be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。
It’s a long story. 唉!说来话长。
How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?
Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。
Don’t put on airs. 别摆架子。
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人
What’s the catch? 有什么内幕?
Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 眼中钉,肉中刺。
Skeleton in the closet. 家丑
Don’t get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!
A fat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小
I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑
She’s a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚
Spacingout = daydreaming. 做白日梦
I am so fed up. 我受够了!
It doesn’t go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
What’s the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么?
By all means = Definitely. 一定是。
Let’s get a bite. = Let’s go eat. 去吃点东西吧!
I’ll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It’s on me. = My treat. 我请客
Let’s go Dutch. 各付各的
My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服
diarrhea 拉肚子
吃牛排时,waiter会问“How would you like it?”就是问“要几分熟”的意思,可以选择rare,medium或 well-done。
I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。)
I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲!
Let’s get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!
What’s the rush! 急什么!
Such a fruitcake! 神经病!
I’ll swing by later. =I’ll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。
I got the tip straight from the horse’s mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!
easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。
flunk out 被当掉
Where is your pen pal from同步测试8
2017届高考英语第一轮题型提能练习题3
I think that mooncakes are delicious课件7
Sporting events教案9
Life on Mars课件10
Don’t eat in class课件3
I think that mooncakes are delicious课件6
I think that mooncakes are delicious课件1
Where is your pen pal from同步测试3
2017届高考英语第一轮题型提能练习题16
Getting along with others教案6
Life on Mars课件1
Where is your pen pal from同步测试7
Getting along with others教案5
I think that mooncakes are delicious课件2
Getting along with others教案9
2017届高考英语第一轮题型提能练习题4
Life on Mars课件4
Getting along with others教案8
Sporting events教案10
Getting along with others教案2
2017届高考英语第一轮题型提能练习题9
Getting along with others教案3
I’m more outgoing than my sister课时提升检测2
I think that mooncakes are delicious课件5
Getting along with others教案10
I’m going to study computer science课时提升检测2
Getting along with others教案4
I think that mooncakes are delicious课件4
Where is your pen pal from同步测试4
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |