如何表达体臭?
李华前阵子伤到左手,最近刚刚康复。今天Larry到医院来看李华。李华会学到两个常用语:back on your feet和B.O.(body odor)。
LL: Li Hua, are you feeling better now?
LH: 你看,我现在都能搬东西了呢!
LL: Whoa, be careful! But hey, it looks like youre back on your feet again!
LH: Back on my feet? 我脚没有受伤啦,只有手而已。
LL: No, thats not what I meant. To be back on your feet is a general saying referring to a person who has recovered or healed from an illness.
LH: 啊,你说I am back on my feet是指我手臂养好了,恢复了,是吗?
LL: Yes. I understand why you would think I was talking about your feet, though. A sick person is usually in bed all day. Therefore, when we say that a person is back on their feet, that means they can get off the sick bed and walk around feeling healthy.
LH: 喔。原来to be back on your feet是说一个病人已经不用再整天躺在病床上,可以自由走动的意思。
LL: Thats right. Can you give me an example?
LH: 好啊。Larry, I really hope you get back on your feet soon.
LL: You...you hope that I will get well soon? But Im not even sick...
LH: 可是你脸色好差喔。
LL: Thats not true. Ohhh...ughhh...what is that smell??
LH: 有不好闻的味道吗?在哪里?
LL: Li Hua! You didnt shower the whole time you were in the hospital did you? I can smell your B.O.
LH: B.O.? 你在说什么啊?我可是天天洗澡呢!
LL: But that smell...B.O. is body odor. I dont think you showered, Li Hua.
LH: 你说我有体臭?!怎么可能呢?我真的每天都清洗呢。
LL: Then whats that smell?
LH: 我真的不知道你在说什么。难道
LL: See?! You didnt shower!
LH: 如果不是我的话,那一定是你!
LL: It cannot be me. I shower everyday and I put on cologne this morning. Li Hua, maybe youre not back on your feet yet. You cant even remember if you showered or not.
LH: 怎么这样说。我只不过是手骨折,记性并没有变差啊。And no, I do not have B.O.
LL: Fine then. But hey, youve learned two slang expressions today! Back on your feet and B.O. do you know how to use each?
LH: 嗯。B.O. 就是体臭的意思。For example: Larry had such horrible B.O. that I almost passed out. Larry的体臭难闻到我差点昏过去。
LL: I do not have horrible B.O.! You were the one who smelled like...
LH: 举个例子嘛,干嘛那么认真。那么back on your feet是康复的意思。我可以说,My hand is back on my feet, 我都康复了。
LL: You used B.O. correctly. But the phrase, back on your feet, refers to a person. You cannot say your hand is back on its feet. Instead you should say that you, the person, are back on your feet.
LH: 喔。To be back on your feet是形容康复的人,而不是形容受伤的部位。所以我得说,I am back on my feet.
LL: Thats right. But oh, that smell! Its okay, Li Hua. You can tell me if you didnt shower in a while. I understand. I wont mind.
LH: 可是真的不是我的B.O.啊。啊!我知道了!一定是这个!
(Li Hua holds out a bag of food.)
LL: Oh my goodness! What is that?
LH: 这是臭豆腐!其实很好吃的,而且又香。你是因为没吃过所以不习惯它的味道。
LL: Stinky tofu? Why do you have stinky tofu?
LH: 喔。刚才爸妈来过了。知道我很爱吃臭豆腐,就带来给我吃的啊。来,你也尝一块。
LL: Phew! Thanks but no thanks. I dont want to make people think I have terrible B.O. But hey, Im sure glad to see that you are back on your feet!
上一篇: 疯狂口语241句(15)
下一篇: 童年,你喜欢吹“泡泡”吗?
The university of life 生活经历
To make a mountain out of a molehill 小题大做
Reunion? Count me out! 重聚? 别算上我!
In the blink of an eye 一眨眼之间
How to become a billionaire 如何成为亿万富翁
Would you let your baby sleep in a box? 你愿意让自己的宝宝在盒子里睡觉吗?
Online Shopping 网上购物-英语点津
Get someone's goat 火冒三丈
Until I'm blue in the face 任凭你磨破嘴皮
Old-school 老一套,老派
You're pulling my leg! 你在愚弄我!
Are you addicted to your phone? 你是不是玩手机上瘾了?
White / blue-collar worker 白领,蓝领
Are you ready for your exam? 考试,你准备好了吗?
Burn a hole in your pocket 有钱不花难受
One good turn deserves another 以德报德,礼尚往来
Off the hook 脱身
Closing the doors on paradise 为生态修复关闭旅游天堂岛屿
The daily commute 每天上下班
Bored at work? Sue the boss! 工作无聊怪老板?