幸福的秘诀:简单的生活很幸福
Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no days, no hours or minutes. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass no someone else.
不管你是否做好了心理准备,终有一天,一切都会结束。那时,将不再有日出、岁月、小时和分钟的概念。你曾拥有的一切,无论是值得珍惜的还是应该遗忘的,那将转予他人。
Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
你的财富、声望和世俗的权力都将与你脱离关系。你所拥有的和所亏欠的都将与你不相干。
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear. So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will all expire. The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
你的恶意、愤恨、挫败感和嫉妒都会消失殆尽。当然,你的希望、抱负、计划和要做的事也会无法实现。曾对你至关重要的得与失,也慢慢地淡漠了。
It won't matter where you come from, or on what side of the tracks you lived. It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant. Your gender, skin color, ethnicity will be irrelevant.
那时,你来自何方和如何生活都不重要。同样,曾经非常光鲜亮丽的你也毫无意义。你的性别、肤色和种族也会与你无关。
So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?
那么,究竟什么才是真正该珍惜的呢?又该以什么标准去衡量人生的价值呢?
What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave.
你要珍惜的,不是你曾经获得的成功,而是你的价值。
What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
你要珍惜的,不是你买的东西,也不是你所创造的,更不是你所获得的,而是你给予的。
What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
你要珍惜的,不是你曾学会了什么,而是你曾留下了什么。
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage and sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example.
真正值得珍惜的,应该是你是否曾用自身的正直、同情心、勇气以及奉献精神去感染和鼓舞过他人,使自己成为一个好榜样。
What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
你要珍惜的,不是你的能力,而是你的为人。
What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone.
你要珍惜的,不是你曾与多少人相识,而是当你离开时,那些会因你的离去而久陷于悲伤中的人。
What will matter is not your memories, but the memories of those who loved you.
你要珍惜的,不是你的全部记忆,而是对你爱的人的情怀。
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.
你要珍惜的,不是你离去后,会在人们的心中留下多久的回忆,而是哪些人会因哪些事而将你铭记于心。
Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.
这些值得珍惜的事情在人的一生中并非偶然。
It's not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
外界环境并不重要,要谨慎地做出最后的选择。
Choose to live a life that matters.
重中之重是选择一个适合自己的生活方式。
(编辑:薛琳)
国内英语资讯:Senior official stresses efforts to ensure epidemic control, social stability
如何缓解疫情期间社交隔离产生的焦虑感?
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: European countries grapple with medical supply shortage as COVID-19 cases climb
在卫生纸出现之前,人们如厕用什么?
美国58岁妇女生完女儿又生孙女
国内英语资讯:China to further boost its intl air freight capacity to stabilize supply chains
国内英语资讯:China to step up prevention of epidemic rebound, imported COVID-19 cases
体坛英语资讯:Ghana Rugby to re-strategize for the future
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier stresses major projects construction, stabilizing investment
英语美文:在生命的旅途上轻装简行
国际英语资讯:New Zealand declares state of emergency after 50 new COVID-19 cases confirmed
科学家发现地球“双胞胎”
法国男子阳台跑7小时马拉松
国内英语资讯:Over 800 people stranded in Hubei return to Beijing
体坛英语资讯:Oman to host World Sailing Championship 2021
东京奥运会推迟至2021年夏天 此前曾有五届奥运会推迟或取消
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier stresses treatment of severe COVID-19 patients in Wuhan
国内英语资讯:Chinas Wuhan reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases
体坛英语资讯:Chinas Qu Chunyu contributes two silvers at ISU Dresden World Cup
体坛英语资讯:Adebayor secures Olimpia move
体坛英语资讯:Feature: Difficulites stimulate young Chinese womens basketball team to mature
你知道吗?自拍的致死率比鲨鱼还要高……
The Lucky Me 幸运的我
“粉丝代替核弹” 美国驻俄大使玩转“数字外交”
海洋里的塑料垃圾正在失踪,但这并不是好事
国内英语资讯:Chinas top legislator calls for improving public health legislation, law revision
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier stresses employment via online platforms
国际英语资讯:Putin announces paid leave for all Russians next week due to COVID-19
国际英语资讯:U.S. becomes country with most COVID-19 cases: Johns Hopkins University
隔离期间流量猛增 YouTube降低视频画质以缓解网络压力