你有零钱吗?
Do you have any small change?
(你有零钱吗?)
Yes, do you need some?
(有, 你要吗?)
change是coin的总称, 表示“零钱”。非常流行的说法。
Do you have any change?
Have you got some small change?
请给我看看费用清单。
Please show me the price list.
(请给我看看费用清单。)
Here you go.
(给你。)
price list “费用清单”。
I would like to look at the price list please.
look at ... “看……”。
I want to see the price list please.
它没我想的那么便宜。
I thought you said that place was cheap.
(我记得你说过那个地方很便宜。)
It was not as cheap as I thought.
(它没我想的那么便宜。)
cheap “便宜的”。
not as ... as ... “并不是和……那样……”。
I thought it was cheaper.
(我以为会更便宜。)
It was more expensive than I thought.
expensive “昂贵的”。
It was not as cheap as I expected.
公司报销。
Who’s going to pay for this dinner?
(这顿晚饭的钱谁来付?)
It’s a company expense.
(公司报销。)
这里的company指“公司”。expense 指“经费”。
Shall we split the bill?
(账单我们分摊吗?)
No. I can charge it to my company.
(不用。我可以到公司报销。)
split “分开”、 “分摊”。bill “付款通知单”、 “账单”。
charge “使负担(费用)”、 “索取”。
It’s on the company.
It’s on ... “……请客”。
The company will pay for it.
I’ll put it on my expense account.
(我会按交际费报销。)
expense account “费用账户”、 “交际费”。put ... on ... “把……加在……上”。
I’ll have my company pay for it.
这里的have指“让……”, 使役动词。
费用自理。
How will the money part work?
(钱怎么算?)
You pay your own expenses.
(费用自理。)
part “部分”。
expenses “费用”、 “开支”。
You pay your own way.
You’re responsible for your own expenses.
be responsible for ... “对……负责”。
我用自己的钱付的。
I paid out of my own pocket.
(我用自己的钱付的。)
We’ll reimburse you.
(我们会偿还你的。)
pay out of my own pocket “用自己的钱支付”。
reimburse “偿还”、 “付还”。
Who paid for that staff luncheon?
(谁付的职工午餐费?)
I paid for it out of my own pocket.
(我用自己的钱付的。)
pay for ... “支付……”。staff “职员”、 “职工”、 “员工”。luncheon “午餐”。
I paid for it myself.
(我自己付的。)
I covered the expense myself.
cover “支付(费用等)”。
I was the one who paid for it.
(钱是我付的。)
下一篇: 职场英语百科:有关交际中的话题