有钱就行了。
We need to have an office in Los Angeles.
(我们需要在洛杉矶设一个办事处。)
All it takes is money.
(有钱就行了。)
直译是“需要的只是钱”。
All we need is money.
Money is the end-all.
(钱是最终目标。)
我订阅了两份报纸。
I subscribe to two newspapers.
(我订阅了两份报纸。)
You must be an avid reader.
(你一定是一个热心的读者。)
subscribe to ... “订阅……”。
an avid reader “热心的读者”。
I have a subscription to two newspapers.
I get two newspapers delivered each day.
(我每天让人送两份报纸。)
我愿意和你分享。
I’d like to share this with you.
(我愿意和你分享。)
You’re much too kin d.
(你太好了。)
I really want to share this with you.
This is something I want to share with you.
我正在参加竞选。
I’m running in the election.
(我正在参加竞选。 )
For what office?
(竞选哪个公职?)
run有“竞选”的意思。election 指“推举”、 “选举”。
这里的office指“地位”、 “公职”、 “政权”。
I’m running for office.
(我正在竞选公职。)
I’m a candidate in the election.
candidate “候选人”。
上一篇: 职场英语百科:结账(2)
下一篇: 职场英语百科:关于工作的话题(2)