下次吧。
Do you want to go out to lunch?
(你想出去吃午饭吗?)
I’ll take a rain check.
(下次吧。)
拒绝对方邀请时的固定说法, 因为很常用这么记下来就可以了。 带有“再约我吧”、 “拜托下次吧”、 “改
日我再接受你的邀请”的含义, 这样拒绝不会令对方感到不快。
Can I take a rain check?
I’ll take you up on that another time.
我不太想去。
Would you like to go out to dinner?
(你想出去吃晚饭吗?)
I’d rather not.
(我不太想去。)
I’d是I would的缩写。rather 指“宁愿”、 “相比之下更愿意”。这种拒绝方式也不会让对方感到不愉快。
Thanks anyway.
(谢谢。)
用于没有接受对方的好意的时候。
No, but thanks for the offer.
(不行, 不过谢谢邀请。)
offer “邀请”。
今晚我不能和你一起去。
How about a drink?
(喝一杯怎么样?)
I can’t join you tonight.
(今晚我不能和你一起去。)
join “参加”。
I need to go right home.
I have to go straight home.
I can’t go with you tonight.
I can’t make it tonight.
别把我算在内。
The office staff is going skiing Saturday.
(星期六公司职员要去滑雪。)
Please count me out.
(别把我算在内。)
直译是“请把我排除在外”。count ... out 指“别把……算在内”、 “把……除外”。
I prefer not to be included.
prefer not to ... “喜欢不……”。include “包括”。
Please don’t include me.
我们必须在5点前返回。
Let’s go to that place in Santa Monica.
(我们去圣莫尼卡的那个地方吧。)
Fine, but we have to be back by five.
(好的, 不过我们必须在5点前返回。)
We need to be back by five.
We need to make sure that we are back by five.
We have to get back by five.
We have to return by five.
我必须在明天前把这份工作做完。
Do you want to have a drink tonight?
(你今晚想去喝一杯吗?)
I can’t, because I have to finish this work by tomorrow.
(不行, 因为我必须在明天前把这份工作做完。)
have a drink “喝一杯”。
This work needs to be done by tomorrow.
I need to complete this work by tomorrow.
complete “做完”、 “结束”。
很多工作都堆到一块儿了。
There’s a lot of work piled up.
(很多工作都堆到一块儿了。)
Guess we’ll be busy for a while.
(看来我们要忙上一阵了。)
pile up “堆积”、 “积蓄”。
We’re behind on the work.
(我们工作进度慢了。)
We need to catch up on the work.
(我们必须把落下的工作补上。)
catch up on ... “把落下的(工作等)补上”。
上一篇: 职场英语百科:公司里的闲话(4)
下一篇: 职场英语百科:男女关系的传言(1)
国际英语资讯:Mexico City ends rescue efforts to find quake survivors
国内英语资讯:China Focus: China offers wisdom in global governance
国内英语资讯:Angola says China remains its top export destination
国内英语资讯:China hosts 461 mln domestic tourists during holiday
国内英语资讯:Bangladesh soldiers build Chinese relief tents to house displaced Rohingyas people
国际英语资讯:Kenyas electoral contenders hold crucial talks ahead of repeat vote
国内英语资讯:Chinese investors eyeing Mexicos SEZs, say Mexican officials
朝核挑衅白热化 美国务卿访华
国内英语资讯:No Chinese casualties in Las Vegas shooting: official
体坛英语资讯:Peng Shuai edges out Niculescu at China Open, advances to top 16
体坛英语资讯:Bolivia hold Brazil to draw in World Cup qualifier
国际英语资讯:Trump visits Las Vegas after mass shooting, avoids gun control talk
美参议院批准洪博培出任驻俄罗斯大使
国际英语资讯:Syrian army defeats IS in eastern Hama countryside
体坛英语资讯:Bayern held, Freiburg win in German Bundesliga
国际英语资讯:Feature: Hong Kong-style mooncakes the apple of Vietnameses eyes
香奈儿新款透明雨靴,就是国内雨天标配
国内英语资讯:Hebei launches campaign targeting pollution-related crime
国际英语资讯:Mexican Senators call on U.S. Congress to pass gun control legislation
盘点白领改善健康的十个简单方法
国际英语资讯:Memorable day for PM May, but for all wrong reasons
国内英语资讯:Feature: Chinas endangered wildlife come back in pictures
万万没想到!七个让你惊呼“厉害了”的冷知识
柬埔寨一名主要反对党议员出逃海外
阅读为什么如此重要?
网友支招:如何才能快速入睡
体坛英语资讯:Peru coach Gareca says team wont man-mark Messi
国内英语资讯:China builds worlds highest power pylon
国际英语资讯:Iran says regional conflicts need political solutions
听说日本要收“单身税”?为什么受伤的总是单身狗?