我和妻子吵架了。
I had an argument with my wife.
(我和妻子吵架了。)
I hope you work things out soon.
(希望你们能很快言归于好。)
argument “争吵”。
work out “解决”。
My wife and I had a fight.
(我和妻子吵架了。)
fight “争吵”。
I had a quarrel with my wife.
quarrel “吵架”、 “ (和人的)争吵”。
我们现在分居了。
I thought you two were an item.
(我还以为你们俩关系很好呢。)
We’re separated now.
(我们现在分居了。)
item “处于亲密关系的两个人”。
separated “ (夫妻)分居的”。
We’re not together anymore.
We no longer live together.
(我们已经不住在一起了。)
no longer “不再……”。
我已经把债务都还清了。
I heard you have great credit.
(我听说你信用很好。)
I do. I’ve paid off my debt.
(是。我已经把债务都还清了。)
这里的pay off指“还清债务”。debt 指“借款”、 “债务”。
I’m clear of debt.
(我没有欠债。)
be clear of ... “没有(借款等)”。
I paid off my loan.
(我还清了贷款。)
下一篇: 职场英语百科:辞职的话