Benjamin:
How is the project going?
方案进行得怎么样了?
Colleague:
Well, frankly speaking, I am running a little behind. It's 40% done.
嗯,坦白说,我落后了一点,才完成了40%。
Benjamin:
Do you have any problem during the process? You should speed things up.
在工作过程中有什么困难吗?你应该加速了。
Colleague:
I have little chance to communicate with colleagues when I have problems. They are always too busy to help a green hand like me.
我遇到困难时很少有机会能和同事们交流。他们总是太忙了,不能帮一下我这个新手。
Benjamin:
Have you ever helped others when they are in trouble? Most will give a hand to someone who has helped him.
他们有困难时你帮过他们吗?人们大多都爱帮助曾经帮助过他们的人。
Colleague:
I did. But I am so depressed because there is nobody that will help me.
我帮过。但是我很苦恼的是没人愿意帮我。
Benjamin:
And you should have good co-operation with other colleagues, you know a scientific schedule brings efficiency to the work.
你应该和其他同事很好地合作,你要知道科学的时间进度表能提高工作效率。
Colleague:
I see your point, but I seem to be on bad terms with them.
我明白你的意思,但是我似乎和他们合不来。
Benjamin:
Cheer up and pay more attention to your colleagues and the things will be much better. I am speaking from my experience.
振作起来,多关注其他同事就会好很多的。这是我的经验之谈。
Colleague:
Thank you so much.
非常感谢。
Benjamin:
And you should read as much as possible to enrich the knowledge.
你也应该多读书,丰富知识。
Colleague:
That's a good idea. I can learn many useful things from books.
是个好主意。能从书上学到很多有用的东西。
Benjamin:
We're approaching the critical point for success or failure of this project; you'd better speed up and catch up with books.
我们正处在关系整个工程成败的关键时刻,你应该加速赶上其他人。
Colleague:
Well, I will do it better.
嗯,我会做得更好的。
Benjamin:
If you have any problem in your work, let me know.
如果在工作中有什么困难,告诉我。
Colleague:
Thanks very much. I promise I will work harder.
非常感谢,我一定会更加努力的。
对话讲解:
frankly speaking 坦白说
Frankly speaking, I'm not too keen on this meal, either.
坦率地说,我也不是非常喜欢这顿饭。
speed up 加快速度
Let's speed up.
我们赶快些吧。
in trouble 处于困境
You'll be in trouble if you don't watch your step.
你要是不谨慎从事就要倒霉了。
give a hand to sb 帮助某人
He's always willing to give a hand to anyone who asks.
任何人有求于他,他总是乐于帮助。
cheer up v.高兴起来, 振作起来
Try and cheer up a bit; life isn't that bad!
想办法高兴点儿,生活并不是那么糟!