Colleague:
Hi, look, what's on the wall over there?
嗨,那边墙上贴的是什么呢?
Shirly:
Don't you know that? It's all about new office rules.
你不知道吗?那全都是新的办公室制度。
Colleague:
What does it say?
那上面说什么呢?
Shirly:
It says smoking is not allowed in any private offices. It might be the most terrible thing for you.
上面规定,不允许在任何办公室抽烟。对于你来说,这是最可怕的。
Colleague:
I can smoke outside of the office. But what else does it say?
我可以去办公室外面抽啊。那还有什么规定呢?
Shirly:
If you want to ask for leave, you should get the approval from the manager in charge of your department.
如果你想要请假,你得先得到部门经理的允许。
Colleague:
But if there is an emergency and the manager is of absence, what should we do?
但是如果有紧急情况,经理又不在,我们怎么办呢?
Shirly:
The note says you should call your manager first, and then tell him your reason, and then ask him for the approval.
通知上说,你得先打电话给经理,然后告诉他原因,再申请得到他的允许。
Colleague:
OK, OK, got it. By the way, what about the vacation policy? Anything changed?
好的,好的,知道了。对了,那放假制度改了吗?
Shirly:
No. We still enjoy 10-day of paid vacation per year.
没有。我们仍然享有10天的有薪年假。
Colleague:
Can we have 7-day holiday on National Day?
那国庆还放7天假吗?
Shirly:
Of course. That's what we deserve.
当然啊。那是我们应得的。
Colleague:
That's great!
那太棒了。
Shirly:
I have something else to remind you of. Don't be late, if you are late, you will be fined 20 Yuan per minute.
我还得提醒你一点,不要迟到,如果迟到的话,你将被罚款每分钟20元。
Colleague:
Are you kidding? I always get up late. Oh, my God. Can't believe that. That is terrible.
你在开玩笑吧?我总是起来得很晚。噢,天啊,让人太难以相信了。那太可怕了。
Shirly:
So remember to set your alarm clock.
那你就记得调好你的闹钟。
对话讲解:
ask for leave 请假
He went to the office to ask for leave.
他到办公室去请假。
in charge of 负责
Comrade Yang will be in charge of that work for the time being.
杨同志将暂时负责那项工作
be of absence=be adsent 不在
fine vt.罚款
The court fined him 500. 法庭罚他500英镑.
2017年的万圣节:南瓜摊上的明星们
朝九晚五上班族:7种方法合理利用下班时间
国际英语资讯:Libyas east-based army says launches 13 airstrikes around govt air base
奥巴马暂停竞选忙飓风,罗姆尼小心翼翼作旁观
美国16岁少年没考好想自杀 特警出击现场将其击毙
国际英语资讯:Chinese tourists injured in bus accident in Moscow
莫言“红高粱”村不复从前,寻根文学何处寻根
国际英语资讯:Iraqi president meets U.S., Iranian ambassadors over regional tensions
异性男女做不到“只是朋友”
飓风桑迪激发的在线幽默