职场口语主题:职场社交口语话题【40--你看她干的好事!】
艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间
Elvin: Vince! Look at what she did to me!
艾文: 文斯!你看她干的好事!
Vince: Be quiet, I'm on the phone with Vikam... [talks on the phone] Right, I understand how it is. OK, goodbye.
文斯: 安静点。我在跟“维康”通电话...... (对着电话说)对,我了解情况。好的,再见。
Elvin: Look! She pulled out my nose ring! Owwww! It hurts!
艾文: 你看!她把我的鼻环扯了下来! 啊!痛死了!
Vince: Elvin, you're 2) bleeding on my desk. So who pulled out your nose ring?
文斯: 艾文,你的血流到我桌上了。谁拔了你的鼻环啊?
Elvin: Zina! Zina did! She's a total 3) psycho!
艾文: 吉娜!是吉娜!她疯到家了!
Vince: Ah, Zina. Zina has been very busy today.
文斯: 原来是吉娜。她今天还真是忙啊。
------------------------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: Your lip is bleeding!
你的嘴唇在流血。
B: It's so dry that it cracked open.
我的嘴唇太干,都裂开了。
【It hurts! 痛死了!】
hurt原意是“使...受伤”或“使...疼痛”,延伸的意思是“使伤心”,例如:
He hurt his right foot when he fell.
他跌倒伤了右脚。
Frank's remarks hurt my feelings.
法兰克的一席话伤了我的心。
作“受伤”解的英文字除了hurt之外,还有injure,通常用于意外事件中的伤害,尤其指有骨折的现象。
A: You walk strangely. I hope you're not injured.
你走路怪怪的。我希望你没有受伤。
B: No. These shoes are tight and hurt me.
不是啦。是这双鞋子太紧我感到疼痛。
1) stumble (v.) 蹒跚、跌撞前行
2) bleed (v.) 流血
3) psycho (n.)神经病
上一篇: 职场社交英语:【38--他看不到大局】
下一篇: 职场社交英语:【37--我真的搞迷糊了】