职场口语主题:职场社交口语话题【59--你早就知道是我?】
吉娜下楼走到停车场。戴夫在那里
Zina: Hi, Dave. You're early.
吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。你早到了。
Dave: So you knew it was me?
戴夫: 你早就知道是我?
Zina: 1) I had an idea.
吉娜: 我有在怀疑。
Dave: Look, before we 2) get into the secret admirer thing, I want to talk to you about WebTracker.
戴夫: 在我们讨论暗恋者这件事之前,我要跟你先谈谈“网路搜寻家”。
Zina: I'm sorry. I know you feel 3) betrayed.
吉娜: 对不起。我知道你有受到背叛的感觉。
Dave: So you're really planning to 4) quit InfoKing and 5) switch over to WebTracker?
戴夫: 那你是真的打算辞掉“资讯王”的工作,转投“网路搜寻家”?
Zina: My mind is made up.
吉娜: 我心意已决。
-------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: Do you betray your friends?
你会背叛你的朋友吗?
B: Only if they have good-looking boyfriends.
除非她们有帅帅的男友。
【My mind is made up.我心意已决。】
表达“已下定决心”的最佳惯用语句,莫过于My mind is made up. 如果必须说明是什么样的决心,通常会用主动词态,例如:
I make up my mind to study management in college.
我下决心在大学里攻读管理学。
Robert made up his mind that he would stay single for another 10 years.
罗伯下定决心要在今后十年里保持单身。
A: What do you want to do after college?
大学毕业后你想做什么?
B: I make up my mind to be a teacher.
我决心要做个老师。
A: Are you sure that is what you want to do for life?
你确是那是你要终身从事的工作吗?
B: Yes. My mind is made up.
是的,我心意已决。
1) I had an idea 此指“我有怀疑过。”这句话用于回答对方提问,表示自己曾经这样想过。
2) get into... 陷入(话题)
3) betray (v.) 背叛。betrayed是betray 的过去分词作形容词用,意为“遭到背叛的”
4) quit (v.) 放弃
5) switch (v.) 转换,调动
上一篇: 职场社交英语:【52--我能信得过你吗】
体坛英语资讯:China wins 8 gold medals in 2nd World Taijiquan Championships in Poland
国际英语资讯:WTO chief blasts protectionism as wrong remedy for economic uncertainty
国内英语资讯:Xi: China, Vietnam should value positive momentum in relations
伊拉克总理:摩苏尔行动进展超过预期
国内英语资讯:Lippi appointed head coach of Chinas national soccer team
国内英语资讯:Chinas Tibetan cultural delegation wraps up Britain visit
小学五年级英语上册教案:Unit2 My days of the week
体坛英语资讯:Wolf chosen as official mascot of FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia
害怕失败所以什么都不敢做?7步帮你克服!
一切都会好起来 It Will be Better
女人不婚也幸福?!那要老公有卵用
国际英语资讯:U.S. defense chief in Baghdad on unannounced visit: TV
国际英语资讯:UN officials urge youth to fight against violent extremism
国际英语资讯:China Focus: Yuan tumble unlikely despite weakening
体坛英语资讯:Ex-Brazil midfielder Doriva quits as Santa Cruz coach
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: EU wraps up two-day summit, seeking to solve thorny issues of migration, trade, Ru
国内英语资讯:China determined to push forward fight against corruption: Xi
美国6500万人在家不说英语 300万说中文
国内英语资讯:Xi, Duterte agree on full improvement of ties
你的孩子希望你在社交媒体上停止做这三件事
毁掉整个星期睡眠的坏习惯
英语一般时态基本结构
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier eyes more infrastructure cooperation with Uzbekistan
国内英语资讯:Spotlight: World media pay special attention to Chinas space mission
体坛英语资讯:Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler predicts bright future for China football
国际英语资讯:Full Text: Joint Statement of China and the Philippines
新型显示屏薄如纸张可随意弯曲
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilor meets French strategist
形容词排列顺序口诀
狗狗的鼻子为什么总是湿的?