Shirley:What are you reading? 你在看什么?
Maria: Gee! You scared me! 哎呀!你吓我一大跳!
Shirley: Aha, Fitness Consultant. Very good, Don't you know about the rules in this office? 啊哈,《健康顾问》。好极了,难道你不知道办公室里的规矩吗?
Maria: Yes, Ma'am. No magazines during the office hours. I'm sorry. 当然知道了。工作时间不准看杂志。对不起。
Shirley: Well, don't do this again next time. What is it about, anyway? 下次可别再这么做。嘿,这是本什么杂志啊?
Maria: It is about sports for white-collar workers, people like you and me. 是关于上班族的运动的书,就是像你我这样的。
Shirley: What kind of sports? 什么样的运动啊?
Maria: Aerobic sports, for example, jogging, yoga, skating… 有氧运动,比如,慢跑、瑜伽、滑雪……
Shirley: Interesting. What were you reading just now? 有意思。你刚刚在读的是什么啊? Maria: Stretching exercise after sitting a long time. 长期久坐后的伸展运动。
Shirley: Really? That sounds interesting! 真的吗?有意思!
Maria: Can I have my magazine back now? 我现在能拿回我的杂志了吗?
Shirley: No. It's confiscated for now. And I will return it to you after I finish reading it. 不行。现在它被没收了。我读完了以后再还给你。
下一篇: 职场英语百科:发表意见的常用语(7)