职场社交英语口语对话 Lesson 20:我得要有动力
SCENE③ B 吉娜去她老板的隔间看他
【我得要有动力】
Vince: Your 3.5 percent 1) share is going to be worth at least a million.
文斯: 你那百分之三·五的股权,将会值个百万以上。
Zina: I need to be 2) motivated, Vince. 3) Multi-motivated. As in multi-million.
吉娜: 我得要有动力,文斯。多重动力,多重百万的多重。
Vince: What if I said no?
文斯: 要是我说不呢?
Zina: Ever hear of WebTracker?
吉娜: 有听过“网路搜寻家”吗?
Vince: You wouldn't! If you leave, you'll make nothing.
文斯: 你不会那样吧!你若是离开,连半毛都赚不到。
Zina: I might make nothing even if I stay. For that kind of risk, I want to get rich.
吉娜: 我留下搞不好也赚不到半毛。 基于这种风险,我要发财。
Vince: OK. If you sign the Stars.com 4) account before WebTracker does, we'll talk next week.
文斯: 好吧。若是你早“网路搜寻家”一步签下Stars.com这个客户,我们就等下星期再谈。
语言详解
A: Don't you want to go and exercise?
你不想在运动吗?
B: Yes, but I can't seem to get motivated.
想,可是我没有动力。
【用 as in... 做补述】
as in这个短语是用来补述,好让意思能让人更明白,常用在解释拼字的时候:
A: My name is Meg.
我叫做梅格。
B: Is that M as in Mary, E as in elephant, and G as in girl?
那是Mary的m、elephant的e,girl的g吗?
as in可以用来进一步解释情况,犹如中文里的“像……那种”:
A: I just ate a Chinese buffet for only 2.99 dollars.
我刚只花了2.99美元吃了份中式自助餐。
B: As in the all-you-can-eat kind? That's so cheap!
是吃到饱的那种吗?还真便宜!
你也可以用as in来提问,以确定自己没有误会对方的意思:
A: I made a million last year.
我去年赚了一百万。
B: Is that as in dollars?
你说的一百万是美元吗?
1) share (n.) 股份
2) motivate (v.) 给予……动力
3) multi “多重的”字首
4) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客