LAST autumn my parents were studying in Canada, and brought me over with them.
去年秋天,我的父母在加拿大学习,并把我带过去。
It was soon my birthday. Then came Halloween. Once I asked Mum why there was Halloween. She told me a lot about ghosts. I couldn't remember it all. I just remember that many children put on interesting clothes on that day. They go from door to door and ask for sweets.
很快我的生日。然后是万圣节。有一次我问妈妈为什么有万圣节。她告诉我许多有关鬼。我不记得这一切。我只记得,许多孩子穿上有趣的衣服的那一天。他们挨家挨户索要糖果。
"Sweets are like good words for the dead," Mum told me. "The more the better. They can help the dead go to a better place."
“糖果是死的好的话,“妈妈告诉我的。越多越好。他们可以帮助死者去了一个更好的地方。
One day before Halloween, Mum bought me witches' clothes. They were black, with a hat.
万圣节的前一天,妈妈给我买了女巫的衣服。他们是黑色的,带一顶帽子。
The next day, at about 6:30 pm, I went out with my parents.
第二天,大约在下午6点30分,我和我的父母。
It was dark. Many people got together around a house. They were asking for sweets. Lots of children were dressed in different clothes.
这是黑暗的。很多人都聚集在一个房子。他们索要糖果。许多孩子都穿着不同的衣服。
I pushed in and reached out my hand. I got some.
我推了推,伸出我的手。我有一些。
"Wow! There's nothing hard about this," I thought.
真的。有什么都不难,我想。
I was so happy when I looked at the colourful sweets. But there were so few.
我很高兴当我看着五颜六色的糖果。但是也有一些。
Some kids had left the house and started to ask for sweets door to door.
一些孩子离开了家,开始索要糖果的门到门。
I decided to go with them. I wanted more.
我决定跟他们一起去。我想要更多。
I was a little afraid at first. But the people at each house were very kind. They gave me lots of sweets.
一开始我有点害怕。但在每一个房子的人都很好。他们给了我很多的糖果。
After some time I had enough. I started to look around to see what Canadians do at Halloween.
一段时间后,我有足够的。我开始环顾四周看看加拿大人在万圣节干。
The houses were so different! Some were made very scary. There were life-like skeletons(骷髅) on the fences. There were graves in the gardens. Bat-like clothes flew in the wind. But some weren't so scary.
房子是如此不同!有些是很可怕的。有生活就像骷髅(骷髅)在栅栏。在花园里有坟墓。蝙蝠喜欢的衣服在风中飞。但一些不那么可怕。
When I went home that day, I found out my sweets could fill a whole big box!
当我回家的那一天,我发现我的糖果可以画一个大盒子!
"The sweets could last through the year!" I thought, and they did.
“糖果可以过去!我认为,他们做的。
体坛英语资讯:Vlhova completes slalom World Cup hat-trick and overtakes archrival Shiffrin in her absence
体坛英语资讯:Beijing 2022 organizing committee holds high-level video conference with IOC
国内英语资讯:Chinas control measures prevent tens of thousands of infections: spokesperson
中国治理空气污染将耗资1760亿英镑
肥胖引发肝硬化“浪潮”
体坛英语资讯:Dortmunds new guardian of stability
什么是"无症状感染者"?
国内英语资讯:Trump welcomes Chinas efforts to help other countries in fight against COVID-19
体坛英语资讯:Flamengo win maiden Brazilian Supercup
英国广播公司拒绝禁播反撒切尔夫人的歌曲
我想一整天都和男朋友在一起
国内英语资讯:Xi says China ready to support Indonesias fight against COVID-19
国际英语资讯:WHO secures 2 mln USD to contain COVID-19 pandemic in Africa
性格冲动的人更易患食物上瘾症
斯诺登在莫斯科做宅男 自称已经取得胜利
体坛英语资讯:Analysis: Dortmunds unpleasant reunion with Tuchel
法国成功为病患移植人工心脏
国际英语资讯:Turkish president warns of tighter measure if COVID-19 outbreak grows
疫情期间该如何打扫房间?
国内英语资讯:14-day quarantine required for out-of-town patients in Beijing
体坛英语资讯:Calgary FIS snowboard World Cup sees big achievements for Blouin and Collins
按身份证尾号出行、男女分开出门......盘点一些奇特的居家令
【新年策划】新年新科技
自然收复失地?人类隔离数日后野生动物开始现身城市
国内英语资讯:Xi says China ready to help Belgium with medical supplies amid COVID-19 outbreak
国际英语资讯:Trump says not to issue national stay-at-home order
国际英语资讯:Erdogan, Putin discuss ways of cooperation against COVID-19
国际英语资讯:Brazils COVID-19 death toll reaches 240, with 6,836 infected
国内英语资讯:Vice premier stresses research on COVID-19 vaccine, treatment, medicine
英女王私人庄园不够住 王室成员佣人房里过圣诞