TIRANA, April 4 -- Albanian government urged compliance with anti-virus measures Saturday, as the country saw 29 new infections in the past 24 hours, the biggest single-day uptick so far.
Ogerta Manastirliu, Minister of Health and Social Protection, appealed to all citizens Saturday via a video message to keep social distancing, respect the measures taken by the government, and the advice of health experts.
"We are in the middle of a war that has not stopped," Manastirliu said.
Prime Minister Edi Rama, on the same day, announced that starting from next week, the government will take new measures against people who defy social distancing, especially in vegetable and fruit markets.
Rama warned that those who break the rules risk imprisonment.
"The army and local police will urgently set up sanitary cordons in marketplaces. State Police will crack down on offenders with new measures," Rama said.
As of Saturday, health authorities confirmed 333 coronavirus cases, including 18 fatalities and 99 recoveries. Enditem
我与故事
踮起脚尖
国内英语资讯:China, U.S. should insist on non-conflict, non-confrontation: spokesperson
踮起脚尖
《品味时尚》
国际英语资讯:U.S. says pulling out of Treaty on Open Skies
国际英语资讯:Russia says awaiting U.S. clarifications on withdrawal from Treaty on Open Skies
体坛英语资讯:Kobe and Baumann among latest inductees into 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame
寻找生活中的咖啡豆
国内英语资讯:China to complete poverty alleviation goals on schedule: spokesperson