一项新研究揭示,在商务邮件中,笑脸表情和类似的逗趣表情可能不会让收件人感到开心。这些表情会影响收件人分享工作信息的意愿,且给人留下不专业的印象。下次在邮件里使用表情符号的时候,可要多想想了!
Signing off an email to a colleague with a chirpy smiley might be more contentious than you think.
你可能没想到,在发给同事的邮件中使用调皮的笑脸表情会引发这么大的争议。
Including smiley faces or similarly perky emojis may undermine information sharing and imply professional ineptitude, according to a new study by researchers at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel.
根据以色列内盖夫本古里安大学的一项新研究,笑脸或者类似的逗趣表情可能会影响收件人分享工作信息的意愿,且给人留下不专业的印象。
"Our findings provide first-time evidence that, contrary to actual smiles, smileys do not increase perceptions of warmth and actually decrease perceptions of competence," revealed Dr Ella Gilkson.
艾拉•吉尔科森博士表示:“我们的研究结果首次证明,与真正的微笑相反,笑脸表情不会给收件人更温暖的感觉,还会令他们对发件人的能力评判打折扣。”
"In formal business e-mails, a smiley is not a smile," the post-doctorate fellow in management revealed.
这位管理学博士后表示:“在正式的商务邮件中,笑脸表情不等于微笑。”
Researchers from BGU, the University of Haifa and Amsterdam University conducted a series of experiments with 549 participants, hailing from 29 different countries, according to a paper published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.
《社会心理学与人格科学》期刊刊登的论文显示,本古里安大学、海法大学和阿姆斯特丹大学的研究人员对来自29个国家的549名参与者进行了一系列实验。
Participants were each required to read similar work-related emails from a stranger and subsequently evaluate their warmth and professional competence. Some of these included smileys, others didn’t.
每名参与者都需要阅读陌生人发来的相似的工作邮件,然后评估对方的热情程度和专业能力。这些邮件有的包含笑脸表情,有的没有。
Surprisingly, they found that the inclusion of smiley emojis had no impact on people’s perceptions of warmth and lowered their perceptions of competence.
令人惊讶的是,他们发现笑脸表情不会影响收件人感受到的热情程度,不过会对发件人留给对方的专业印象有不利影响。
"The study also found that when the participants were asked to respond to e-mails on formal matters, their answers were more detailed and they included more content-related information when the e-mail did not include a smiley," explained Dr. Glikson.
吉尔克森解释道:“研究还发现,参与者应要求回复公务邮件时,当电子邮件不包含笑脸符号时,他们会提供更详细、更相关的信息。”
"We found that the perceptions of low competence if a smiley is included in turn undermined information sharing," she said.
“我们发现,如果电子邮件中含有笑脸符号,那么他们会感到对方不专业,这会破坏他们分享信息的意愿。”
The study even showed that there's a glimmer of sexism in emoji usage.
研究还表明,使用表情符号还有一丝性别歧视的意味。
It revealed that when the gender of the email sender was unknown, recipients were more likely to presume that an email which included a smiley icon was sent by a woman.
研究透露,当发件人的性别未知时,收件人更倾向于认为含有笑脸符号的电子邮件发送者是女性。
下一篇: 飓风玛利亚袭击维京群岛和波多黎各
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 6 I’m more outgoing than my sisiter
人教版八年级英语上册--Additional Material
初二年级英语课文 Module 8 Public holidays
人教版八年级英语上册--Grammar
初二年级英语课文 Module 3 On the radio
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 11 Could you please clean your room?
Unit 6 Do you like bananas教案(总第28课时)
Unit 11 What time do you go to school 教案
初二年级英语课文 Module 10 my perfect holiday
外研版八年级英语上册课文翻译:Module 4
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 5 Can you come to my party?
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 8 How was your school trip?
外研版八年级英语上册课文翻译:Module 7
人教版九年级英语:Unit 4 What would you do?--2
人教版八年级英语上册--Vocabulary Index
初二年级英语课文 Module 2 Friendship
初二年级英语课文 Module 4 New technology
初二年级英语课文 Module 9 Heroes
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 10 I’m going to be a basketball player.
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 12 What’s the best radio station?
外研版八年级英语上册课文翻译:Module 6
牛津学案:7B Unit 4 Amazing things
外研版八年级英语上册课文翻译:Module 5
人教版八年级英语上册--Review of units 1-6
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 9 When was he born?
初二年级英语课文 Module 6 Entertainment
外研版八年级英语上册课文翻译:Module 11
人教版八年级英语上册--Unit 4 How do you get to school?
外研版八年级英语上册课文翻译:Module 10
人教版九年级英语:Unit 4 What would you do?--3