The team I work in just had 2 new interns, and I happen to be their supervisor .
我所在的团队新来了两个实习生,而我恰好是他们的主管。
After today's lunch break, I saw that one of them was reading things on her smartphone, maybe on some social network, I guessed.
今天午休过后,我看见他们中的一个正在悠闲地刷手机,可能是在上社交网络吧,我猜。
I went to her and said "There's another document here needing traslation. Do you have time to finish it for me?"
我走过去问她:“我这正好有一份文档要翻译,你有时间帮忙完成一下吗?”
That document was not in her assigned workload. But I thought I could let her challenge herself a little bit with it, seeing that she seemed to have time.
这份文档并不在她的工作量里面,不过我看她似乎有空,就打算让她用着锻炼一下。
"Yes, I do have time." She said, "But I'm just an intern."
“有啊。”她说。“可是我只是个实习生啊。”
I didn't quite know what to say back then. After a while I mumbled "Right. Yes."
我当时突然不知道说什么好,愣了一下说道:“哦,对。”
And I turned around and left.
然后便转身离开了。
I recalled the time when I was an intern for the first time. I, too, managed to finish my workload so fast, just like her.
我想起了我自己第一次做实习生的时候,当时我也像她一样,很快就把自己的工作量完成了。
So I asked my supervisor "Is there anything else that I can help?"
于是我就问我的主管:“还有什么其他的事需要我帮忙吗?”
And she happened to have a plan to make. But she didn't have time. So she let me do the research and make a draft for her.
正好,她当时有一份计划要订,但是时间不够,于是就让我先帮她查查相关资料然后你个草稿。
I was not very familiar with the job but still tried to carry it out based on my understanding and make it as professional as possible.
我当时并不太明白那份工作,但还是试着按自己的想法做出来了,尽可能写得专业。
And my supervisor was really satisfied with the draft. Later, she told me "You saved me a lot of time. I didn't need to create it from scratch."
主管对这份草稿很满意。她事后说:“你帮我省了不少事,我不用从头做起。”
And she told me in details how should I have done the plan differently. I learned a lot about the operation in the process.
并且,她还跟我细致地讲了这份计划应该怎么修改;而我在这个过程当中学到了很多有用的业务细节。
After that, she had come to trust me like completely.
在那之后,她开始给予我完全的信任。
I got my current job all because of her recommondation.
而我现在的这份工作,也多亏了她的引荐。
Yes, I was just an intern with a low salary. But I bought a better future with my extra labor.
是的,我当时只是个实习生,薪水只有一点点,但我用额外的劳力为自己买到了更好的未来。
There's a kind of poverty called short-sightedness.
有一种“贫穷”叫短视。
上一篇: 美文赏析:我们都是渴望被关注的孩子
下一篇: 英语美文:只要有你,我的生活就有了光
国内英语资讯:China confident in winning fight against COVID-19 with intl support: state councilor
体坛英语资讯:PSG crush Saint-Etienne 6-1 to reach League Cup semis
让外国人摸不着头脑的12个美国短语(下)
虚拟锻炼伙伴助你保持健身动力
国际英语资讯:Portugal not to accept EU multi-annual budget proposal: PM
国内英语资讯:WHO team in China to find answers to unknowns about COVID-19
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilor meets ASEAN secretary-general, Philippine, Singapore FMs on coronavi
Adapt College Life 适应大学生活
体坛英语资讯:Lin Dan suffers defeat in first round of Malaysia Masters
国际英语资讯:Realizing Syrians dream for peace still has long way to go: UN envoy
超火的“法式风格”到底是什么?7个技巧让你变身法国女孩
这七种东西千万不要用醋来清洁!
世卫总干事谭德塞:此时,需要理性,而非谣言
国际英语资讯:Summit on Afghan refugee to evoke more intl support: UNHCR official
What Life Needs 生活需要什么
仰望日出的鹿
大量美国人声称自己其实不给小费
My Schoolbag 我书包
体坛英语资讯:Interview: Wushus Youth Olympic debut an important step of world recognition, says Secreta
研究:早餐吃饱、晚餐吃少有助减肥
The Story Between Me and Books 我和书的故事
国际英语资讯:UN highlights serious, constructive spirit amid resumption of Libyan JMC talks
国际英语资讯:Irans top leader says high turnout in elections can disappoint U.S.
做家务最适合听的25首流行歌曲
世卫组织澄清13个关于新冠病毒的虚假传言
国际英语资讯:Gambian president calls for national unity on 55th independance day speech
国际英语资讯:Pentagons policy chief resigns at Trumps request
国际英语资讯:Zoran Milanovic inaugurated as Croatian president
体坛英语资讯:2021 Club World Cup opening and final time to be approved by FIFA Council
国际英语资讯:Mexican president says foreign investors keen to boost stake in wake of trade deal