Novelist and official Southern Belle Loraine Despres used to warn me to be wary of men who say, "When I'm done with you…" As in, "When I'm done with you, you'll know Paris like the back of your hand," or, "By the time I'm done with you, you'll have a wardrobe of real silk lingerie." It means, she says, he expects to be done with you. Me, all I hear is Paris and panties.
小说家洛兰·德普雷是一位真正的南方淑女,她过去常警告我要小心那些说“……我才会和你分开”的男人,比如“你对巴黎了如指掌的时候,我才会和你分开”,或者“你拥有一整柜真丝内衣的时候,我才会和你分开” 。洛兰认为男人说这些话的意思是他想和你分手。而我呢,只听到巴黎和裤裤。
What he says: "I love you... just not in the way you want to be loved."
他说:“我爱你……只是与你希望被爱的方式不同。”
What I hear: "I love you."
我听到的是:“我爱你。”
What he really means: "I love having a friend with benefits."
他真正想说的是:“我好想找个炮友。”
What he says: "I'm really not ready for a relationship."
他说:“我真的没有做好恋爱的准备。”
What I hear: "Hang in there, baby. We have a future together."
我听到的是:“坚持下去,宝贝,将来我们会在一起的。”
What he really means: "I don't want to be in a relationship. At least, not with you."
他真正想说的是:“我不想谈恋爱,至少不是和你谈。”
What he says: "You're so hot!"
他说:“你真性感!”
What I hear: "You're so beautiful!"
我听到的是:“你真漂亮!”
What he really means: "Take off your clothes."
他真正想说的是:“脱吧!”
What he says: "This is getting too intense too fast. We should make some space."
他说:“一切来得太快太突然,我们应该留点空间。”
What I hear: "The depth of my passion for you scares me."
我听到的是:“我对你火热的激情让我不知所措。”
What he really means: "I'm interested in seeing someone else."
他真正想说的是:“我想再找别人。”
What he says: "It's not you, it's me."
他说:“不怪你,怪我。”
What I hear: "You are perfect, I am broken. Will you fix me?"
我听到的是:“你很完美,而我有问题。你能治愈我吗?”
What he really means: "I'm already seeing someone else."
他真正想说的是:“我已经看上别人了。”
下一篇: 欧洲杯: 足球也脱欧 冰岛2-1英格兰
Castigate, accuse and reprimand 三个和“批评,谴责”有关的单词
想不到吧,steel yourself是下决心!
面试时被问到“为什么想来这里工作?”这样回答最讨喜
The Perfect Parents 完美的父母
体坛英语资讯:Snookers China Open becomes second event to hit 1 million pound prize money
小白鞋好看不耐穿,该怎么清洗才能亮白如新?
有意外有惊喜!第90届奥斯卡提名名单划重点
数百万英国人都在担心另一半的身体健康
Cloak and dagger?
The Power of Insistence 坚持的力量
骆驼选美也造假!部分骆驼因整容被取消资格
宁夏银川一中2017-2018学年高一上学期期末考试英语试卷
Dark Fairy Tales 黑暗童话故事
宁夏银川一中2017-2018学年高二上学期期末考试英语试卷
报告显示 中国车市将成全球动力
国际英语资讯:UN Security Council welcomes progress in Somalia
国内英语资讯:China, Canada pledge to further boost economic ties
佛系90后掀起养蛙风:今天你的蛙儿子回家了吗?(附攻略)
体坛英语资讯:Ugandas Cheptegei starts 2018 season with victory in Spain
体坛英语资讯:Kaka: Coutinho can vie for Ballon dOr
国际英语资讯:Germany likely to miss EU 2020 emission goals
国际英语资讯:Turkish President visits command center of Afrin operation
国内英语资讯:Chinas judicial agencies vow to be guardians of Constitution
《无问西东》:谨以此篇献给珍贵的你
体坛英语资讯:Albanias right to host European weightlifting championship revoked
体坛英语资讯:China books a Winter Olympics berth in ski jumping for first time in history
面试时被问到“为什么想来这里工作?”这样回答最讨喜
《中国的北极政策》白皮书全文
如何做出更美味的鸡蛋?英国主厨教你几招诀窍
佛系90后掀起养蛙风:今天你的蛙儿子回家了吗?(附攻略)