Sometimes simple changes can bring about big results. When it comes to losing weight, more often than not, it's all about numbers.
有时简单的转变会带来大大的收获,每当说到减肥这个话题时,往往讲究的都是些数字。
It takes 3,500 calories to build 0.5 kilograms. If you have a deficit of 100 calories every day for a year — either by eating less or exercising more — you can lose 5 kilograms in a year.
每摄取3500卡路里,你便会增加0.5公斤体重。如此看来,假定你每天少摄入100大卡的热量,或少吃,或多动,坚持一年就能减掉5公斤体重。
But going on a diet where you give up everything you love is not going to work forever.
但若是你放弃自己喜欢的食物,吃减肥餐,一定不是长久之计。
Katie Duggan, a dietitian at St. Louis University School of Public Health, says that teaching people to make small changes is often the only way to bring about results.
来自圣路易斯大学公共健康学院的营养师凯特·杜根说,教导人们去做一点点改变,这才是得到大收获的不二法则。
"A lot of people want weight loss to be their New Year's resolution," she says. "The key is to make small changes that are reasonable, achievable and realistic to maintain."
她表示:“很多人在新年计划里都写着要减肥,关键是要制定出合理且切实可行的小小转变。”
Here we've come up with a list of 10 ways you can lose 5 kilograms this year.
下面列举的就是10种能让你在接下来的一年内甩掉5公斤体重的方法:
1. Switch from whole-milk to skimmed milk products. If you consume three servings a day, you can save up to 200 calories a day. That's 10 kilograms you can lose this year.
丢掉全职牛奶,转投脱脂乳制品的怀抱。如果你每天食用三份脱脂乳制品,那么每天就可以减少摄入200大卡的热量。每年你就可以甩掉10公斤重量了。
2. When you go to a restaurant, ask for half of your portion to be put in a doggie bag right away. Even if you only go out twice a week, you'll easily save enough calories to lose 5 kilograms a year.
在外就餐时,开始就将自己食物的一半放进打包盒中。就算你一周才在外面吃两次,这样做也可以使你每年减掉5公斤重量。
3. Chill soups, gravies and stews, then skim off the fat that floats. Doing this can save you up to 100 calories a serving.
将汤、肉汁和煮炖食物冷却,然后撇去浮油。每次最多可以减少100卡路里的摄入。
4. Switch your afternoon soda to a diet soda to save 150 calories (per 330-milliliter can) a day.
将下午茶时间的普通汽水改成低能量汽水,这样你每喝一罐330毫升的低糖汽水便可少摄入150大卡热量。
5. Learn how to add 10 minutes of exercise a day. The goal is 30 minutes a day. If you walk for just 30 minutes, you will lose 6 kilograms this year.
试着学会如何每天增加十分钟的锻炼时间,我们的目标是每天锻炼半小时。就算你每天只是走上30分钟,一年下来也可以减重6公斤。
6. Cut back on egg yolks. It's the yolk which contains virtually all of the fat and cholesterol. In most recipes, you can use two egg whites instead of one whole egg.
丢掉蛋黄。事实上,整个鸡蛋中的脂类和胆固醇全部集中在蛋黄。在大多数食谱中,你都可以用两个蛋白来代替一整个鸡蛋。
7. Is a tall glass of juice your morning ritual? Swap that for a real orange and you not only save more than 100 calories, but also get some fiber while you're at it.
你是不是习惯每天早晨喝一大杯果汁?忘掉它吧,这还不如吃一个橙子。这样不仅少摄入100大卡的热量,还能摄取更多的膳食纤维。
8. Replace your regular beer with light beer and save about 50 calories per bottle.
将普通啤酒改成淡啤酒,每瓶你可以少摄入50大卡热量。
9. Take the stairs every day at work. If you go up and down often enough (say up and down five flights three or four times a day) you've got your 100 calories.
每日上班时记得走楼梯。如果上上下下足够多,比如说每次往返五段楼梯,一天三四趟,那也可以消耗掉100卡路里热量。
10. Remove the skin from a chicken breast after cooking and save 100 calories each time.
鸡脯肉烹调后去皮,每次也可以减少100卡路里热量。
上一篇: 男生必看:吸引女性的7种特质
下一篇: 微博实名制:你是否继续玩?
India's sewer workers and British school standards 印度下水道工人施工安全,英国在校生学习成绩下降
Canada wildfire and NASA discovery 加拿大林火,美国国家航空航天局发现系外行星
California wildfires and cloned animals 加利福尼亚州野火,克隆动物衰老过程正常
Brexit and Hockney's art 英国脱欧公投后进展,大卫·霍克尼艺术展
A bitter pill to swallow 不得不吞的苦药
The last/final straw 忍无可忍,使人最终崩溃的一击
Indian state introduces 'fat tax' 印度一省拟征收“脂肪税”
To fall at the first hurdle 跌倒在第一关
Alligator takes boy and Tate Modern extension 鳄鱼拖走小男孩,泰特现代美术馆扩建完工
It's on the cards 这件事十有八九会发生
It takes two to tango 一个巴掌拍不响
Earth-like planet, Pink cockatoo dies at 83 类地行星,83岁风头鹦鹉逝世
Cyclists make Olympic history, 400-year-old shark 英国自行车运动员创英奥运历史,400岁格陵兰鲨鱼
To make a monkey out of me 捉弄我
Burn a hole in your pocket 有钱不花难受
Chelsea doctor and surfing in Australia 切尔西队医与球队和解,澳大利亚冲浪
Crash course 速成课
Drama queen 小题大做的人
Glass-bottomed bridge, cancer risk for HRT and 120-year-old man 世界最长玻璃桥开放,荷尔蒙替代疗法增患癌风险,印度教120岁僧人
Knee-jerk reaction 本能反映
The cost of protecting the environment, Juno space probe 保护环境付出的代价,“朱诺”木星探测器
White / blue-collar worker 白领,蓝领
IOC on Russian doping and hot June 奥委会就涉俄兴奋剂事件报告进展,六月高温破纪录
A recipe for disaster 后患无穷
One good turn deserves another 以德报德,礼尚往来
Until I'm blue in the face 任凭你磨破嘴皮
To lie through your teeth 睁眼说瞎话
Cheap and cheerful 物美价廉
Hot potato 棘手的问题“烫手山芋”
Close, but no cigar 几近成功