How do the Japanese people react when they are mistaken as being Chinese by Westerners?
当日本人被西方人认错成中国人时有什么反应?
获得3.8k好评的回答@Misako Fukuda
I don’t feel bad or angry at all. I just said, “I am Japanese”.
我并不觉得糟糕或者生气。我只是会解释说:“我是日本人。”
I know that they can’t recognise which one is Japanese or Chinese.
我知道他们没办法区分哪个是中国人哪个是日本人。
We are all similar faces. I think they feel Asian is all same. I can’t recognise which one is American or English either.
我们拥有相同的脸,我觉得他们认为亚洲人长得都一样,就像我也没办法区分美国人和英国人一样。
获得3.7k好评的回答@Mari Seto
I would actually be impressed if a Westerner recognizes me as Japanese.
如果西方人能认出我是日本人我才会很惊讶。
I mean, even I sometimes can’t tell the Asians apart.
因为即使是我,有时候也没办法区分亚洲人。
It’s a reasonable assumption since what, almost 90% of the East Asian population is Chinese.
这是非常合理的一条假设,因为,中国人口占据了东亚人口的90%。
I usually politely correct them, teach them the Japanese greetings (Konnichiwa), and walk away to get on with my life.
我通常会礼貌地纠正他们并且教他们日本人的问候方式然后再追上我的妻子。
P.S. In reverse, I will also confess that despite living in Germany for the past two years, I have never been able to tell Italians and Germans apart.
备注:反过来,即使我在德国生活了两年,我也没办法区分意大利人和德国人。
获得556好评的回答@Paul Irving
My wife either ignores it, or politely corrects them, depending on context.
我的妻子要嘛忽视它要嘛礼貌地纠正他们,完全取决于当时的语境。
上一篇: 古埃及有哪些奇葩的文化传统?
下一篇: 英语中最容易拼错的词是?
体坛英语资讯:England womens head coach Sampson sacked
国内英语资讯:Political advisors call for sound cyber environment
My New Friend 我的新朋友
国际英语资讯:Dominica PM confirms at least 15 killed in hurricane Maria attack
The Road I Chose 我选择的路
中美创新:如今谁在山寨谁?
研究表明 吃菠菜或引发老年痴呆!
中美创新:如今谁在山寨谁?
英语美文:幸福好简单,就在你手心上
国际英语资讯:Trump, May meet on Iran, DPRK issues: White House
137所高校入选“双一流”建设名单
青春是一种荣耀,但变老也没那么可怕
米兰达•可儿保持身材的食谱秘籍:80/20法则
体坛英语资讯:Argentine goalkeeper Armani seeks Colombian citizenship
国际英语资讯:Iranian leaders slam Trumps anti-Iran remarks
Set up, install and fix 三个表示“安装”的说法
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Documentary inspires public confidence in national achievements
国内英语资讯:China to keep on pushing for political settlement to Syrian conflict: envoy
小心!笑脸表情也有禁区
英语美文:希望总是多过盼望
国际英语资讯:S Korea president calls for caution dealing with Korean Peninsula issue
没听过三手烟?那你肯定不知道它的危害有多大!
哈里王子和梅根好事将近 欲请凯特王妃做伴娘
断臂小伙工地直播搬砖成网红 已拥有近80万粉丝
飓风玛利亚袭击波多黎各,造成停电和洪灾
国内英语资讯:China toughens rules to improve environmental monitoring data
研究表明 长途驾驶会导致大脑退化
体坛英语资讯:Feature: Is Ancelotti still in charge?
今后逛超市可能连手机都不用带了,带着手去就行了
国内英语资讯:Chinese defense minister meets Singaporean counterpart