伊索寓言双语小故事:农夫和他的儿子们(中英字幕)-查字典英语网
搜索1
所在位置: 查字典英语网 > 少儿英语 > 少儿英语故事 > 伊索寓言双语小故事:农夫和他的儿子们(中英字幕)

伊索寓言双语小故事:农夫和他的儿子们(中英字幕)

发布时间:2016-02-26  编辑:查字典英语网小编

  伊索寓言故事之农夫和他的儿子们的故事,这个寓言故事告诉我们劳动是最好的宝物。

  The Farmer and his Sons 农夫和他的儿子们

  Mr. Thompson has three sons, David, James, and Peter. He is a very diligent man. He works in his grape fields all day. But, his three sons are all very lazy. Mr. Thompson is always worried about them.

  汤普森先生有三个儿子,戴维、詹姆斯和彼得。汤普森先生是个非常勤劳的人。他整天都在他的葡萄园里工作。但是,他那三个儿子却十分懒惰。汤普森先生总是为他们担心。

  Farmer: David, can you help me in the field today? I need your help. I cant work alone.

  农夫:戴维,今天你可以到园子里来帮我吗?我需要你的帮助。那些活儿我一个人干不了。

  David: But Father, it is too hot outside. I am too tired today. Besides, I am the eldest. Ask James to help you.

  戴维:可是爸爸,外边太热了。我今天太累了。再说,我是老大。叫詹姆斯帮你吧。

  Farmer: You are always tired, David.

  农夫:你总是很累,戴维。

  David lies down on his bed to rest. Mr. Thompson calls his second son, James.

  戴维躺在他的床上休息。于是汤普森先生去叫他的第二个儿子,詹姆斯。

  Farmer: James! What are you doing now? I need your help in the field today. I cant work alone.

  农夫:詹姆斯!你现在在做什么?今天我需要你到园子里来帮我。那些活儿我一个人干不了。

  James: Im sorry, Father. Im busy today. Ill help you tomorrow. Ask Peter.

  詹姆斯:对不起,爸爸,我今天很忙。我明天再帮你。你叫彼得帮你吧。

  Farmer: You are always busy, James.

  农夫:你总是很忙,詹姆斯。

  James pretends to be busy. Mr. Thompson calls Peter, his youngest son.

  詹姆斯装出很忙的样子。汤普森先生只好去叫他最小的儿子,彼得。

  Farmer: Hey, Peter! Are you busy now?

  农夫:喂,彼得!你现在忙吗?

  Peter: Not really, Father.

  彼得:不太忙啊,爸爸。

  Farmer: Are you going out somewhere today?

  农夫:你今天要外出吗?

  Peter: No, Father. Why do you ask?

  彼得:不,爸爸。为什么要这么问呢?

  Farmer: Well then, help me in the field. I need your help. I cant work alone.

  农夫:那么,你来园子里帮我干活吧!我需要你的帮助。我一个人忙不过来。

  Peter makes up an excuse.

  彼得也找了一个借口。

  Peter: I would like to help you, Father. But I am not feeling well today. I have a headache.

  彼得:我很想帮你,爸爸。可是我今天不太舒服,我头疼。

  Farmer: Not again! The last time, you had a stomachache.

  农夫:不会吧!上次你说你肚子疼。

  Mr. Thompson goes out to the field alone in the hot sun. He works all day while his three sons do nothing. His neighbors see him.

  汤普森先生顶着炎炎烈日独自到园子里去干活。他的三个儿子无所事事,而他却不得不整日工作。邻居们看到了汤普森先生。

  Wife: Look, dear! Its Mr. Thompson He is working alone again.

  妻子:瞧,亲爱的!那不是汤普森先生吗。他又在一个人干活。

  Neighbor:Where are all his three sons?

  邻居:他那三个儿子都去哪里了?

  Wife: Didnt you know, dear? They are the laziest boys in the world. They never work.

  妻子:你难道不知道吗?亲爱的?他们是世界上最懒惰的人。他们从来不干活。

  Neighbor:Really? Thats too bad. Poor Mr. Thompson.

  邻居:真的?那可太惨了。可怜的汤普森先生。

  Mr. Thompson worked hard all his life. Finally, he gets very sick and cannot work anymore. He is about to die.

  汤普森先生一生辛勤工作。终于有一天,他病倒了,再也没法工作了。他快要死了。

  Farmer: What will happen to my three sons after I die? They will starve to death for sure. How can I change them?

  农夫:(呻吟)我那三个儿子怎么办在我死后?他们会饿死的。我怎么才能改变他们呢?

  Mr. Thompson cannot stop worrying about his three sons even in bed. He thinks and thinks. An idea comes to his mind. He calls his three sons.

  就算是躺在病床上,汤普森先生仍在不停地为他的三个儿子担心。他想了又想。突然,他想到了一个主意。于是他叫来了三个儿子。

  Farmer: My dear sons, David, James, and Peter, I love you all. But I cannot live for long. So when I die, take care of my grape fields for me. Thats my last wish.

  农夫:我亲爱的儿子们,戴维、詹姆斯、彼得,我爱你们。但是我已经活不了多久了。如果我死了,请为我照顾葡萄园。这是我最后的愿望。

  David: But Father, I am not interested in grapes.

  戴维:但是爸爸,我对葡萄不敢兴趣。

  James: I dont want to work under the sun all day, Father.

  詹姆斯:我可不愿整天在太阳底下工作,爸爸。

  Peter: I want to live in the city. I dont even like grapes, Father.

  彼得:我想住在城里。我甚至不喜欢葡萄,爸爸。

  The three sons keep complaining, until Mr. Thompson tells them his secret

  三个儿子不住地抱怨,直到汤普森先生说出他的秘密。

  Farmer: But the three of you must keep the field. I buried some treasure there. Find it, dig it out, and share it together.

  农夫:但是你们三个必须留在园子里。我在那里埋下了一些财宝。只要你们找到并挖出财宝,你们就可以拿去分了。

  Sons: What did you say?

  儿子们:你说什么?

  The three sons cannot believe their ears.

  三个儿子几乎不敢相信他们的耳朵。

  David: Did you say treasure? When did you bury is, Father?

  戴维:你是说有财宝?你什么时候埋的,爸爸?

  James: Are there lots of gold and silver pieces inside?

  詹姆斯:里面有很多金子、银子吗?

  Peter: Those things are not important.

  彼得:这些都不重要。 Sons: Then what is it? 儿子们:那什么才是重要的呢?

  Peter: Where is it?

  彼得:重要的是财宝埋在哪儿?

  David: Peter is right. Where is the treasure buried, Father?

  戴维:彼得说的对。你把财宝埋在哪儿了,爸爸?

  Farmer: Im sorry, my sons. It was so long ago. I do not remember. Just keep digging and you shall find it.

  农夫:对不起,我的儿子们。那是很久以前的事情。我记不得了。不过只要你们不断地挖,你们一定会找到的。

  Mr. Thompson dies a few days later. David, James, and Peter start digging for treasure the very next day.

  几天以后,汤普森先生去世了。从第二天开始,戴维、詹姆斯和彼得就开始挖财宝。

  Wife: Look, dear! Arent they Mr. Thompsons boys?

  妻子:你看,亲爱的!那不是汤普森先生的儿子们吗?

  Neighbor: I think so, dear. But they have changed. They are working so hard today.

  邻居:我想是的,亲爱的。不过,他们变了。今天他们干得非常卖力。

  Wife: I know. I cant believe my eyes. Mr. Thompson would be really happy.

  妻子:我看出来了,我真不敢相信自己的眼睛。汤普森先生一定会很开心的。

  The three brothers dig and dig, but they cannot find any treasure.

  三个兄弟挖呀挖,但是他们找不到任何财宝。

  David: Wheres the treasure?

  戴维:财宝在哪里?

  James: Perhaps, there isnt any treasure.

  詹姆斯:也许这儿根本就没有财宝。

  Peter: That cant be. Father must have buried it very deep. Lets dig deeper.

  彼得:不可能,一定是爸爸把它埋的很深。我们再挖深点看看。

  David: Peter may be right.

  戴维:也许彼得说得对。

  The three sons keep digging and working in the field for months. It is now fall.

  三个儿子不断地在田里翻土,挖掘,忙活了好几个月。转眼之间到了秋天。

  David: There is no treasure here.

  戴维:根本没有什么财宝。

  James: We dug up the whole field for nothing.

  詹姆斯:我们挖遍了整个园子却一无所获。

  Peter: But look, David and James! Our field is filled with ripe grapes.

  彼得:但是,瞧啊,戴维,詹姆斯!我们的园子里长满了成熟的葡萄啊!

  David: You are right!

  戴维:对啊!

  James: Lets sell the grapes.

  詹姆斯:我们把葡萄卖了吧。

  The three brothers take the grapes to the market. Their grapes are the largest and sweetest among all the others. They become rich by selling the grapes.

  三兄弟把葡萄运到市场上。在所有的葡萄里,他们的葡萄是最大、最甜的。因为卖了葡萄,他们变得很富有。

  Peter: Now I know. Treasure is everywhere.

  彼得:现在我知道了,财宝到处都可以找到。

  David: Yes. If we work hard, we can always get it.

  戴维:是呀,如果我们努力工作,我们总是能够收获财富的。

  James: So thats what Father was trying to tell us.

  詹姆斯:所以,这就是爸爸想让我们明白的道理。

  MORAL: Work hard and good fortune will always follow.

  寓意:好运总是跟随者辛勤工作而来的。

  

点击显示

推荐文章
猜你喜欢
附近的人在看
推荐阅读
拓展阅读
  • 大家都在看
  • 小编推荐
  • 猜你喜欢
  •