伊索寓言故事之老狮子,这个故事告诉我们,始终睁大你的眼睛;这个故事还告诉我们,无论过去多么辉煌,人都会老去;这个故事还告诉我们善良并不是始终善有善报。
The old Lion 老狮子
The Lion used to be the king of beasts. But now he is old and weak. He feels sorry for himself.
从前有只狮子,他曾经是百兽之王。可是现在却又老又弱。他觉得自己很可怜。
Lion: I used to be so young. I used to be so strong. My roar used to be so big. But now I am old and weak. My roar is small. I cant run. I cant hunt. Poor me!
狮子:想当年我多么年轻,多么强壮。我的吼声曾经震耳欲聋,可是现在我又老又弱,我的吼声也没有了威力。我不能跑,也抓不住猎物。唉,我真可怜啊。
The Lion is very sad and worried.
狮子非常难过,忧心忡忡。
Lion: Im hungry. But now how can I get some food? I must think of a way fast. Let me think.
狮子:我好饿。可是我怎样才能得到食物呢?我得赶快想个办法。让我想想。
The Lion thinks and thinks. Finally, he comes up with an idea.
狮子想啊想啊。终于,他想出了一个主意。
Lion: Hey, wait. I still have my sharp teeth and claws. I can use them. Once an animal comes into my cave, I can catch it. Yes, thats it! Ill say Im very sick. Then all of the animals will come to visit me. Once they come into my cave, I will eat them all. What a clever idea! Why didnt I think of this before? Ha, ha, ha.
狮子:嘿,等一等。我的爪子和牙齿依然锋利。我可以用它们啊。一旦有动物来到我的洞穴里,我就可以抓住它。对,就这么办!我不妨说我病得很重,这样所有的动物都会来探望我。一旦他们走进我的洞穴,我就把他们全吃掉。多么聪明的点子啊!为什么以前我就没想到呢?哈哈哈
The other animals hear that the Lion is very sick. They are all very worried.
其他的动物听说狮子病得很重,都很担心。
Deer: Did you hear about the Lion?
鹿:你听说狮子的事了吗?
Goat: No, I didnt. Is anything wrong?
山羊:没有啊,他怎么啦?
Deer: Well, I heard that he is very sick. He might die soon.
鹿:听说他病得很重。可能就快要死了。
Goat: thats too bad. He used to be so strong and healthy. Lets visit him before he dies.
山羊:那太不幸了。他曾经是那么强壮、那么健康。在他死之前我们去探望他吧!
Deer: Sure.
鹿:好吧。
The Deer and the Goat visit the Lion in the cave. They never come out.
鹿和山羊去洞穴里探望狮子。但是他们却再也没有出来。
Rabbit: Did you hear the news, squirrel?
兔子:你听说了吗?松鼠?
Squirrel: What news?
松鼠:什么事?
Rabbit: The Lion is very sick. He is dying, I think.
兔子:狮子病得很严重,我想,他快要死了。
Squirrel: Poor Lion. What can we do?
松鼠:可怜的狮子,我们能为他做什么呢?
Rabbit: How about visiting him and cheering him up?
兔子:咱们去探望他、鼓励他好吗?
Squirrel: Do you think thats a good idea? What if he eats us up? Im a little afraid.
松鼠:你真的这么想吗?万一他把我们吃了怎么办?我有点儿害怕。
Rabbit: Me too. But he is very sick. He will be too weak to catch us.
兔子:我也有点儿害怕。可是他病得很重。他很虚弱,抓不到我们的。
Squirrel: Youre right. Lets go together.
松鼠:你说的对,咱们一块儿去吧!
Rabbit: Great! Meet me in front of the Lions cave. At noon, tomorrow, okay? Dont be late.
兔子:太好了!咱俩约好在狮子的洞穴前见面。明天中午,好吗?别迟到了。
Squirrel: Ill be there. See you then.
松鼠:我一定去。不见不散。
The Rabbit and the Squirrel meet at noon the next day. They are a little afraid to go inside the cave.
第二天中午,兔子和松鼠在约定的地点碰面。他们战战兢兢地走进洞穴。
Rabbit: Lets go inside.
兔子:我们进去吧。
Squirrel: Okay. You go in first.
松鼠:好,你先进。
Rabbit: No, you first.
兔子:不,你先进。
Squirrel: Lets go in together.
松鼠:我们一起进去吧。
Rabbit: Fine. But lets not stay too long.
兔子:好。不过别呆太久。
The two go inside the cave.
他们走进了洞穴深处。
Lion: Oh, thank you for coming.
狮子:哦,谢谢你们来看我。
Rabbit: How are you, sir?
兔子:你身体还好吗?狮子先生。
Squirrel: Are you okay?
松鼠:你没事吧?
Lion: Its nothing. Im just old.
狮子:没什么,我只是太老了。
But then the Lion suddenly stands up and shows his teeth and claws.
可是,就在这个时候,狮子突然站了起来,露出了他的牙齿和爪子。
Lion: Grr Grr I may be old, but I can still catch you!!!
狮子:嗷我可能是老了些,可是我还是能抓到你们。
Rabbit/
Squirrel: We were tricked! 兔子/
松鼠:我们上当了!
Rabbit: Lets get out!
兔子:我们快逃吧!
Lion: Its too late. You are trapped. Ha! Ha! Ha!
狮子:太晚了。你们跑不了了。哈哈
The Lion eats up the Rabbit and the Squirrel.
狮子吃掉了兔子和松鼠。
Lion: Yum. Yum. That was delicious. I wonder who will be next?
狮子:嗯,真好吃。不知道下一个来送死的会是谁?
The Lion eats up all of the animals like this one by one.
就这样,狮子一只一只地几乎吃掉了所有动物。
Lion: All of the animals came here except for the Fox. Why isnt the Fox coming? Im getting hungry again. Hmm Shh I hear something.
狮子:除了狐狸,所有的动物都来了。为什么狐狸没有来呢?我又饿了。嗯嘘我听到什么声音。
Fox: Mr. Lion, are you in there?
狐狸:狮子先生,您在里面吗?
Lion: Finally. Its the Fox. Yes, Im in here, Fox. Come in.
狮子:狐狸终于还是来了(喃喃自语) 是我,我在这儿。狐狸,请进吧。
Fox: How are you feeling today?
狐狸:你今天感觉怎么样?
Lion: Im feeling much better. But why arent you coming in? Please come in. I wish to see you.
狮子:感觉好多了。可是你为什么不进来呢?请进来吧。我非常想见你。
Fox: I would like to, sir. But its too crowded in there.
狐狸:我也想进去,先生。可是里面太挤了吧!
Lion: What do you mean? There is no one in here but myself.
狮子:你这是什么意思?这里面除了我,没有其他人啊。
Fox: Really? I dont understand. There are many footprints going into your cave. But there are none coming out. Where are all of the other animals?
狐狸:真的吗?那我就不懂了。这洞穴口有这么多动物进去时留下的脚印,可是却没有一个走出来的脚印。其他所有的动物都在哪儿呢?
Lion: Give me some time. I can explain. Thats becauseUh
狮子:这给我一点点时间。我会向你解释的。那是因为嗯
Fox: Thats okay. Ill come back again later. Take care. Bye.
狐狸:没关系。我晚点再来。好好保重。再见。
Lion: Wait! Listen to me! Come back!
狮子:等一等!听我解释!回来!
The Fox goes home without turning his back.
狐狸头也不回的回家去了。
Fox: Pooh. You cant trick me, Lion. I am much smarter than you.
狐狸:哼,你骗不了我的,狮子。我可比你聪明多了。
MORAL Always keep your eyes wide open.
寓意:始终睁大自己的眼睛。
下一篇: 伊索寓言双语小故事:善与恶(中英字幕)