沙特阿拉伯已成为首个赋予机器人以公民权的国家。25日,这个石油富国在首都利雅得举行的未来投资倡议会议上宣布了这一决定。
机器人索菲亚。Credit: CEN/Future Investment Initiative
A humanoid named Sophia has made history by becoming the first robot in the world to be granted citizenship.
一位名叫索菲亚的机器人创造了历史,成为全球首个被赋予公民权的机器人。
Saudi Arabia on Wednesday offered citizenship to the robot, designed by entrepreneur David Hanson.
上周三,沙特阿拉伯授予这位机器人公民权。机器人索菲亚是由企业家大卫-哈德森设计的。
Journalist Andrew Ross Sorkin made the announcement at the tail end of an interview with Sophia at The Future Investment Initiative in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
在沙特首都利雅得举行的未来投资倡议会议上,记者安德鲁-罗斯-索尔金对索菲亚进行了采访。采访快结束时,他宣布了这一消息。
“We just learned, Sophia, I hope you’re listening to me, that you have been now awarded what is going to be the first Saudi citizenship for a Robot,” he said to applause from the audience.
他说:“我们刚刚得知,索菲亚,我希望你在听我说话。你成为沙特历史上首个被赋予公民权的机器人。”观众中爆发出掌声。
Sophia responded, without missing a beat: “I want to thank very much the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
索菲亚平静地回答说:“我非常感谢沙特阿拉伯王国。”
“I am very proud and honored for this unique distinction. This is historical to be the first robot in the world to be recognized with a citizenship,” the robot said.
索菲亚说:“获此独一无二的殊荣,我深感自豪与荣幸。成为世界上首个被赋予公民权的机器人,这是历史性的时刻。”
The particulars of the citizenship were not discussed, and it’s not clear if Sophia will have the same rights as a human Saudi Arabian citizen.
会上没有谈到公民权的细节,索菲亚是否与沙特公民享有完全相同的权利尚不清楚。
Sorkin said at the end of the interview that he was “overwhelmed” by his conversation with Sophia.
索尔金在采访结束时说,与索菲亚的对话让他受到很大的震撼。
The pair discussed the future of artificial intelligence, which Sophia said it wants to use to “help humans live a better life.”
他与机器人谈论了人工智能的未来。索菲亚说,它想使用人工智能“帮助人类生活得更好”。
Sophia showed off an expressive face, which it said it needs to be able “to live and work with humans.”
索菲亚向众人展示了丰富的面部表情,表示自己需要能够“和人类一起工作生活”。
“I need to express emotions to understand humans and build trust with people,” the robot told Sorkin.
索菲亚告诉索尔金说:“我需要能够表达感情,以理解人类,与人类建立信任。”
Sorkin echoed concerns previously raised by Elon Musk that artificial intelligence could be dangerous if it were to go rogue and turn on humanity.
索尔金回应了之前伊隆-马斯克的担忧。马斯克担心,人工智能如果失去控制,攻击人类,会非常危险。
But Sophia insisted it wanted to use artificial intelligence only to "help humans live a better life."
但索菲亚坚持说,只想利用人工智能“帮助人类生活得更好”。
"I will do my best to make the world a better place," it said.
它说:“我将尽全力帮助世界变得更美好。”
Sophia tried to dispell Sorkins' fears of a "bad future," insisting that AI is "designed around human values like wisdom, kindness, compassion."
索菲亚试图打消索尔金对“糟糕的未来”的担忧,坚持说“人工智能是围绕人的价值设计的,比如智慧、友善和同情。”
It accused him of "reading too much Elon Musk," and said, "don't worry, if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Treat me as a smart input-output system."
它指责索尔金“过度解读了伊隆-马斯克”,说道:“不必担心,如果你对我好,我也会对你好。把我看成一个智能的输入输出系统就可以。”
这24个迹象表明你内心是个成熟的人
经典英语美文:The Essence of Charm
经典英语美文:Staring Me In The Face(5)
想要减掉赘肉?你需要做到这些(下)
经典英语美文:Happiness Equates with Fun?
经典英语美文:Staring Me In The Face(4)
经典英语美文:如何面对日渐逼近的死亡
经典英语美文:The unseen power of love
经典英语美文:Will You Go Out with Me?
经典英语美文:Staring Me In The Face(1)
恋爱中,这些话还是不要说比较好
经典英语美文:如何面对死亡的突然来临
5项非常便于实践的地球日活动
为何蚊子对你“情有独钟”?
经典英语美文:Staring Me In The Face (3)
女性对男性说的这些话,非常反感(下)
如何选择更适合你的英文读物
为什么我们要多读书?多读书的理由
经典英语美文:Cherish every moment
这八种动作,就是喵星人在说“我爱你”
经典英语美文:The happy door
女性对男性说的这些话,非常反感(上)
经典英语美文:Be grateful to life
教你7招提升自己的技能与才华
经典英语美文:Words From a Father父亲的话
幸福的人都在做的事
二十多岁的你,应该知道这些事
经典英语美文:hold住你的思想
经典英语美文:Live in the present moment
经典英语美文:Enthusiasm takes you further
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |