PARIS, Nov. 13 -- Under grey, rainy sky and in sombre atmosphere, French President Francois Hollande on Sunday returned to restaurants and coffee shops in the French capital where attackers converted the vibrant venue to a scene of carnage on Nov. 13, 2017.
Accompanied by government officials and Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo, Hollande unveiled memorial plaques at six sites targeted last year before observing a minute of silence.
A series of commemoration ceremonies began outside the Stade de France national stadium where three suicide bombers blew up themselves during an international football match, killing a man and starting deadly shootings and explosions that left 130 victims.
At the Bataclan music hall, where the heaviest casualties was reported, a wreath of flowers was laid out. The victims' names were read out in solemn atmosphere. A crowd, including the families of the victims, gathered outside the theatre centre to pay tribute to 90 people who lost their lives.
To mark the first anniversary of Paris attacks, British rock star Sting reopened the Bataclan Saturday where French revellers and many of last year's survivors attend the concert.
"Tonight we have two tasks to achieve: first to remember those who lost their lives in the attack, and then to celebrate life and music in this historic place," Sting told the crowd.
For the rest of the memorial day, Life for Paris association is planning concerts, roundtable on resilience and exhibition of memorial messages and drawings left in the attacks' sites.
The association, made up of 650 of the attacks' victims and their families, organized also a gathering outside Paris city hall where dozens of colored balloons are launched to represent all the victims.
A year after Paris attacks, France's worst terror assault, investigation showed that the series of shootings and bombings were organized from Syria, prepared in Belgium and executed in Paris with internal complicity.
However, questions about the mastermind remains without answer after the attacks' only survivor Salah Abdeslam, now in solitary confinement in a Paris jail, refused to testify on the attacks.
After November assaults, claimed by the Islamic State group (IS), the French president declared a state of emergency which remains in place following Nice carnage and priest killing.
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said in an interview with BBC on Sunday that the state of emergency would "undoubtedly be extended by a few months" to ensure the security of the presidential election.
"It is difficult today to put an end to the state of emergency. Especially since we are going to engage in a presidential campaign in a few weeks with meetings and public reunions. So we must protect our democracy," he said.
In an opinion column published in several European newspapers, the premier warned that France is facing "heavy and constant (terror attack) threat."
"Terrorism will still strike us. But, we have all the means to resist and all the strength to overcome," he said.
英语六级热点范文2
六级作文技巧从六方面提高英语写作能力
英语六级热点范文4
英语六级考前热点高分范文二
英语六级热点范文7
英语六级热点范文6
英语四六级考试作文的实用佳词妙句三十例
英语六级考前热点高分范文三
英语六级考前热点高分范文四
英语六级考前热点高分范文八
英语六级作文预测8
英语六级热点范文3
英语六级考前热点高分范文六
英语六级考试作文预测及范文15
英语六级作文预测15
六级备考七大原则让你玩转六级写作
英语六级热点范文5
英语六级作文预测12
七大原则让你玩转英语六级写作
备考六级写作大学英语六级万能作文模板
好用六级写作复习技巧
英语六级考试作文预测及范文11
英语六级作文预测9
英语六级作文预测13
英语六级写作考前最后10篇模拟文章
英语六级考试作文预测及范文8
英语六级作文高分技巧精彩你的强调
英语六级考前热点高分范文七
英语六级考试作文预测及范文9
英语六级考试写作小贴士
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |