DAMASCUS, April 15 (Xinhua) -- Hours after an explosion killed 70 people on Saturday, 50 buses carrying Shiite evacuees reached government-controlled areas in the northern city of Aleppo, a military source told Xinhua.
The 50 buses transporting Shiite Syrians from the towns of Kafraya and Foa in the rebel-held Idlib province reached government-controlled areas in Aleppo city.
Their arrivals came 24 hours after their buses were held by the rebels in Rashideen area, west of Aleppo, and just hours after a deadly bombing rocked the gathering point of their buses in the rebel-held area, killing 70 and wounding over 100.
The blast, carried out by a suicide bomber driving a booby-trapped potato truck, ripped through a bus depot, where 5,000 pro-government Shiite people were waiting the reactivation of a deal designed to secure their transportation to government-controlled area in Aleppo.
The deal, recently reached between the rebels and the government under the supervision of Iran, Turkey and Qatar, was designed to secure the evacuation of the people from the pro-government Shiite towns of Kafraya and Foa in Idlib province toward government areas in Aleppo province.
In return, the government will allow rebels and their families to leave the rebel-held towns of Madaya and Zabadani in northern Damascus to reach Idlib province.
The evacuation started on Friday, with 5,000 Shiite people leaving Kafaraya and Foa and 2,300 rebels and their families leaving the town of Madaya as first batches.
Both convoys were set to leave to their respective destinations, before the rebels in Rashideen held the convoy of the Shiite people, adding new demands to the original deal.
The rebel convoy was also stuck at Ramouseh, amid reports that communications were underway to continue the implementation of the deal.
A source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity that the rebels' new demand was the evacuation of the Shiite fighters first from Kafraya and Foa, before the civilians.
But the demand was rejected as there is a fear that if the Shiite fighters, who are defending the towns, left the towns first, the rebels could attack the towns and commit massacres there.
But following the explosion, the rebels released the buses and agreed to resume the deal, and the busses carrying the rebels and their families from Madaya left Ramouseh toward Rashideen and later will go to Idlib.
The source told Xinhua that the deal will continue and the rest of the people from the four towns will evacuate as planned.
Earlier, an eyewitness from those waiting in Rashideen told Xinhua that three people died while waiting due to poor medical conditions, before the explosion.
He added that the three dead are all women, who gave birth inside the buses in tough situation as those people had been waiting there for 24 hours without enough food or water.
高中英语语法-高三英语期中考试书面表达考试题
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习1
高中英语语法-2006年高三英语入学训练试题题
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习8
高中英语语法-英语习语“秀”
高中英语语法-汽车事故--(看图)议论文
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习18
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习4
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习2
高中英语语法-幸福--议论文[高中英语作文模板]
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习17
高中英语语法-高二英语期中考试书面表达考试题
高中英语语法-高一年英语阅读理解练习(四)
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习11
高中英语语法-高三英语练习
高中英语语法-高中一年级A world of fun 习题
高中英语语法-英汉报刊翻译常见错误4
高中英语语法-高一英语期中考试句子翻译考试题
高中英语语法-高中英语易混易错词汇70组小总结
高中英语语法-英文求职信样例--高中英语作文范文
高中英语语法-简要地报道中国开发西部--说明文
高中英语语法-英汉报刊翻译常见错误2
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习14
高中英语语法-高一年英语阅读理解练习(九)
高中英语语法-高一年英语阅读理解练习(六)
高中英语语法-短文改错精练精析
高中英语语法-高一英语总复习12
高中英语语法-高一年英语阅读理解练习(十)
高中英语语法-高一年英语阅读理解练习(五)
高中英语语法-看图作文--高中英语议论文写作
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |