Seoul's city government is asking people for help to correct poorly translated street signs - with prizes on offer for those who spot the most errors.
首尔市政府发动广大群众帮助纠正翻译质量低下的道路标志牌,发现错误最多的人将有奖励。
It's running a two-week campaign calling on Koreans and foreigners alike to keep their eyes peeled for mistakes in English, Japanese and Chinese text, the Korea Times reports.
据《韩国时报》报道,该市正在进行为期两周的纠错活动,呼吁本国人和外国人擦亮眼睛发现英语、日语以及中文翻译的错误。
There's a particular focus on public transport signs, maps and information signs at historic sites, as part of a drive to improve the experience of foreign tourists in the South Korean capital. Anyone spotting a confusing or incorrect translation is being asked to snap a photo and report the details via email.
该活动主要关注公共交通标志、地图以及历史遗迹的信息牌的翻译,希望以此提升外国游客在首尔的旅游体验。发现错误翻译后需要现场拍照并通过电子邮件通报给活动方。
As an added incentive, the government is stumping up 1.6m won ($1,430) in gift vouchers, with the top error-spotter getting an "award of excellence" and a 200,000 won voucher ($180).
首尔市政府专门拿出160万韩元(约合1430美元)的购物礼券作为奖励,发现错误最多者将获得“突出表现奖”,并得到20万韩元(约合180美元)的购物礼券。
While the campaign's promotional poster uses fairly innocuous typos as examples, the internet is awash with more amusing - and sometimes embarrassing - errors, particularly on tourist menus. Earlier this year, South Korea's government announced plans to crack down on baffling menu translations.
该活动的宣传海报上用一些无伤大雅的拼写错误作为示例,网络上则涌现出大量令人捧腹,有时甚至有些尴尬的翻译错误,尤其是菜单翻译。今年早些时候,韩国政府曾经宣布要清除令人迷惑的菜单翻译。
While Seoul is trying to adopt more visitor-friendly signage, its own tourism campaigns have run into language troubles in the past. Last year, "I.Seoul.U" was chosen as a slogan to promote the city internationally, and was promptly mocked for making little sense in English.
这边首尔市政府在努力提供游客友好型的公共标牌,而该市的旅游宣传活动却在去年遭遇了语言危机。去年,该市选择"I.Seoul.U"作为国际宣传口号,结果被取笑,称该口号不符合英语语法习惯。
We’re trying to save the manatees学案2
You’re supposed to shake hands课件8
Body Language学案5
What would you do导学案5
You’re supposed to shake hands课件5
What would you do导学案6
What would you do学案6
You’re supposed to shake hands课件3
Body Language学案1
What would you do导学案3
Theme parks学案3
2017届中考英语语法考点聚焦复习课件20
Theme parks学案5
We’re trying to save the manatees学案1
What would you do导学案2
2017届中考英语语法考点聚焦复习课件17
You’re supposed to shake hands课件9
You’re supposed to shake hands课件6
You’re supposed to shake hands课件10
2017届中考英语语法考点聚焦复习课件22
Astronomy
Theme parks学案4
2017届中考英语语法考点聚焦复习课件14
You’re supposed to shake hands课件4
Canada-The True North学案5
Canada-The True North学案3
What would you do导学案7
We’re trying to save the manatees学案3
2017届中考英语语法考点聚焦复习课件23
You’re supposed to shake hands课件7
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |