每个人都有忧郁的日子。
Everybody has blue days.
那些日子真是惨透了,你觉得心里乱糟糟的、怨气丛生、寂寞、整个人彻底的精疲力竭。
These are miserable days when you feel lousy, grumpy, lonely, and utterly exhausted.
那些日子总会让你感到自己的渺小和微不足道,
Days when you feel small and insignificant,
每件事情似乎都够不着边。
when everything seems just out of reach.
你根本无法振作起来。
You cant rise to the occasion.
根本没有力气重新开始。
Just getting started seems impossible.
在忧郁的日子里,你可能变成偏执狂,觉得每个人都想要吃定你。
On blue days you can become paranoid that everyone is out to get you.
其实情况并不总是那么糟。
This is not always such a bad thing.
你感到灰心、焦虑,可能开始神经质地拼命咬指甲,然后不可救药地陷入一眨眼吃掉三大块巧克力蛋糕的疯狂!
You feel frustrated and anxious, which can induce a nail-biting frenzy that can escalate into a triple-chocolate-mud-cake-eating frenzy in a blink of an eye!
在忧郁的日子里,你会觉得自己在悲伤的海里沉沉浮浮。
On blue days you feel like youre floating in an ocean of sadness.
不论在什么时候,你总有种想哭的冲动,却不知道为了什么。
Youre about to burst into tears at any moment and you dont even know why.
最后,你觉得自己犹如行尸走肉,失去生活目标。
Ultimately, you feel like youre wandering through life without purpose.
你不知道自己还可以撑多久,
Youre not sure how much longer you can hang on,
然后你想大喊一声:谁来一枪把我打死吧!
and you feel like shouting, Will someone please shout me!
其实一点小事就让你一天都郁闷难当。
It doesnt take much to bring on a blue day.
也许只是一觉醒来,没有感觉到或者看到自己最棒的一面,
You might just wake up not feeling or looking your best,
发现自己又多了几条皱纹,又重了几斤,或是鼻子上冒出了一个大包。
find some new wrinkles, put on a little weight, or get a huge pimple on your nose.
你可能忘记了约会对象的名字,或是有张可笑的照片被登出来。
You could forget your dates name or have an embarrassing photograph published.
你或许被人抛弃、离了婚,或是被开除,当众出丑,被刻薄的绰号弄得心乱如麻,
You might get dumped, divorced, or fired, make a fool of yourself in public, be afflicted with a demeaning nickname,
或许只因为你得整天顶着一个其丑无比的发型。
or just have a plain old bad-hair day.
也许工作让你痛苦得如坐针毡。
Maybe work is a pain in the butt.
你在强大的压力下顶替他人的位置,
Youre under major pressure to fill someone elses shoes,
你的老板对你百般挑剔,
your boss is picking on you,
办公室里的每一个人都让你发疯。
and everyone in the office is driving you crazy.
你可能会头疼欲裂,
You might have a splitting headache,
或重心不稳跌个正着,口臭、牙痛、不停放屁、口干舌燥,
or a slipped dish, bad breath, a toothache, chronic gas, dry lips,
或是指甲长到肉里头了。
or a nasty ingrown toenail.
不管什么原因,你确定上面有人不喜欢你。
Whatever the reason, youre convinced that someone up there doesnt like you.
唉,该怎么办,到底该怎么办呢?
Oh what to do, what to dooo?
嗯,你可能跟大部分人一样,
Well, if youre like most people,
随便找个东西躲起来,以为事情会自行解决。
youll hide behind a flimsy belief that everything will sort itself out.
结果你得花掉下半辈子的时间回头看,
Then youll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder,
等着一次有一次重蹈覆辙。
waiting for everything to go wrong all over again.
最后你会变成一个易怒的、愤世嫉俗的,或者是 一个可怜兮兮的、哭哭啼啼的受害者。
All the while becoming crusty and cynical or a pathetic, sniveling victim.
最终你绝望地躺在地上,祈求地球将你吞没,或是沉迷在比利.乔的蓝调音乐中不能自拔。
Until you get so depressed that you lie down and beg the earth to swallow you up or, even worse, become addicted to Billy Joel songs.
这的确很蠢,
This is crazy,
因为你只能年轻一次,而且绝对不可能老两次。
because youre only young once and youre never old twice.
阿凡达发光树或成真 未来可代替路灯
捷克男主持效仿Lady Gaga穿鲜肉装
美国人喜好调查:最爱披头士最恨慢车
双语:未来“台湾塔”
台湾学生数学成绩全球排名第一
英皇后人选引热议 卡梅伦力挺卡米拉
双语:英国“最大狗”新鲜出炉
绯闻女孩第四季剧透 Chuck是否归来之谜
英国全民打赌:谁为准王妃凯特做嫁衣
北京奥运村迎来首批“村民”
资讯英语:公务员考试报名 最火职位4616选1
奥运给北京树起新地标
漂亮妈妈多生女 美男渐成稀缺品
360度看伦敦 世界最清晰全景图出炉
欧盟报告称立陶宛为“谋杀之都”
奥运金牌:快乐和忧愁天注定?
周杰伦与“台湾第一美女主播”亲昵..
加媒抱怨“亚洲学生太多” 亚裔表示强烈不满
美国人视角:享受奥运,向中国学习
双语:天桥骄子主持客串绯闻女孩第四季
北京安检可能减少奥运乐趣
麦当劳的奥运“嘉年华”
研究发现:人类大脑无法判断对方性别
双语:研究称人类无法分辨男女
玛丽亚凯莉带孕大秀59美元平价钻戒
NASA首次发现土星卫星中含有氧气
双语:《绝望主妇》第七季被爆有新主妇加入
走马观花看美国:体验世界过山车之最
牛津字典收录微博词汇 网络用语受宠
奥运前夕中国加紧空气治理
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |