Write Your Own Life
Suppose someone gave you a pen a sealed, solid-colored pen.
假如有人送你一支笔,一支不可拆卸的单色钢笔.
You couldnt see how much ink it had. It might run dry after the first few tentative words or last just long enough to create a masterpiece (or several) that would last forever and make a difference in the scheme of things. You dont know before you begin.
你看不出里面究竟有多少墨水。或许在你试探性地写上几个字后它就会枯干,或许足够用来创作一部影响深远的不朽巨著(或是几部)。而这些,在动笔前,都是无法得知的。
Under the rules of the game, you really never know. You have to take a chance!
在这个游戏规则下,你真的永远不会预知结果。你只能去碰运气!
Actually, no rule of the game states you must do anything. Instead of picking up and using the pen, you could leave it on a shelf or in a drawer where it will dry up, unused.
事实上,这个游戏里没有规则指定你必须要做什么。相反,你甚至可以根本不去动用这支笔,把它扔在书架上或是抽屉里让它的墨水干枯。
But if you do decide to use it, what would you do with it? How would you play the game?
但是,如果你决定要用它的话,那么会用它来做什么呢?你将怎么来进行这个游戏呢?
Would you plan and plan before you ever wrote a word? Would your plans be so extensive that you never even got to the writing?
你会不写一个字,老是计划来计划去吗?你会不会由于计划过于宏大而来不及动笔呢?
Or would you take the pen in hand, plunge right in and just do it, struggling to keep up with the twists and turns of the torrents of words that take you where they take you?
或者你只是手里拿着笔,一头扎进去写,不停地写,艰难地随着文字汹涌的浪涛而随波逐流?
Would you write cautiously and carefully, as if the pen might run dry the next moment, or would you pretend or believe (or pretend to believe) that the pen will write forever and proceed accordingly?
你会小心谨慎的写字,好象这支笔在下一个时刻就可能会干枯;还是装做相信这支笔能够永远写下去而信手写来呢?
And of what would you write: Of love? Hate? Fun? Misery? Life? Death? Nothing? Everything?
并且你又会写下些什么呢:爱?恨?喜?悲?生?死?虚无?万物?
Would you write to please just yourself? Or others? Or yourself by writing for others?
你写作只是为了愉己,还是为了悦人?抑或是藉替人书写而愉己?
Would your strokes be tremblingly timid or brilliantly bold? Fancy with a flourish or plain?
你的落笔会是颤抖胆怯的,还是鲜明果敢的?你的想象会是丰富的还是贫乏的?
Would you even write? Once you have the pen, no rule says you have to write. Would you sketch? Scribble? Doodle or draw?
甚或你根本没有落笔。这是因为,你拿到笔以后,没有哪条规则说你必须写作。那么,你要画素描,乱写一气,信笔涂鸦,或是画画?
Would you stay in or on the lines, or see no lines at all, even if they were there? Or are they?
你会保持写在线内还是线上,还是根本看不到线,即使有线在那里?嗯,真的有线吗?
Theres a lot to think about here, isnt there?
这里面有许多东西值得考虑,不是吗?
Now, suppose someone gave you a life...
现在,假如有人给予你一支生命的笔...
体坛英语资讯:Bayerns Thiago sidelined with ankle injury
The Popular Person 受欢迎的人
国内英语资讯:Red Cross Society of China moves to reform
《末代皇帝》导演贝托鲁奇逝世鲁奇逝世
超实用的心理学知识,几乎是催眠级别
体坛英语资讯:Dortmund, Bremen advance in German Cup
体坛英语资讯:Cavs guard Smith hoping for trade
国内英语资讯:Premier Li urges efforts to build up growth momentum
美国把税收进英国王室?都是因为有个美国媳妇!
移民大军试图非法越境,美、墨承诺加强边境安全
体坛英语资讯:Djokovic, Federer move into Paris Masters quarterfinals
无痛分娩来了! 全国开展分娩镇痛试点!
双语阅读:米歇尔·奥巴马回忆录刚出版就成了2018年最畅销书籍
国际英语资讯:Northern Ireland politicians could threaten Mays Brexit deal
体坛英语资讯:Kashima Antlers win title of AFC Champions League
国内英语资讯:China, Cuba pledge to deepen military ties
周杰伦确认加盟《极限特工4》!你期待吗?
向总统施压?众议院民主党人说没那么快
国内英语资讯:Political parties representatives praise Chinas high-quality development
国际英语资讯:Feature: Greeks march to call on women victims of violence to speak up
双语阅读:为了满足中国人的胃 马来西亚棕榈油巨头都改种榴莲了……
国内英语资讯:Chinese spokespersons discuss press innovation in new era
体坛英语资讯:China swimmers collect three golds in Day 2 of Beijing FINA World Cup
中国与菲律宾签署29项双边协议
能容忍别人的错误,是种能力
体坛英语资讯:Atletico Nacional name Brazilian Autuori as coach
国内英语资讯:China validates key technologies in large spacecraft recovery
国内英语资讯:China, Panama agree to further promote ties
中国5G技术商业化已经进入倒计时
国内英语资讯:Readers seminar on Xis book on governance held in Madrid
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |