休息日
我真想睡个午觉。
I want to take a nap.
Answer: But you just woke up. (你不是刚刚起来吗?)
I want to take a catnap. *catnap 打盹、小睡一下儿。
Id like to lie down for a while. (我想躺会儿。)
我去躺一会儿。
Im going to lie down. *用于稍感疲劳的时候。 =Im going to take a rest. (我休息一会儿。)
你在装睡啊!
Youre pretending to be asleep. =Youre just pretending that youre asleep. =Youre not really asleep. (你其实没睡吧!) =I know youre still awake.
你睡着了吗?
Were you sleeping? =Were you asleep?
没有,还没睡呢。
No, I was awake.
你能给孩子换块尿布吗?
Will you change the babys diaper? *diaper尿布。
Answer: Again? (又要换呀?)
I just changed it ten minutes ago. (10分钟前我刚换过的。)
想尿尿吗?
Do you need to pee? *主要对小孩子用。
该尿尿了。
Its time to go wee-wee. wee-wee=pee-pee
蒙一儿。
Peekaboo! *孩子们在玩藏猫游戏时常用。
胳肢胳肢。
Kuchi-kuchi-koo. *胳肢婴儿时用。
我们来投球吧。
Lets play catch.
Answer: Great! (好呀!)
Lets play ball.
漏水了。
The water is leaking.
全是灰呀。
Its so dusty. *dusty到处都是灰尘、沾满尘土。
Answer: I didnt notice. (我倒没注意。)
It needs to be dusted. (得扫扫了。)
这间屋子通风真差。
Its stuffy in this room. *stuffy 房间等地方通风不好、憋闷得慌。 =The air is thick. (这里真闷。) =I cant breathe in this room. =The air is dense. (空气混浊。)
这个房间很通风。
Its drafty in this room. *drafty 有穿堂风的。
你能去喂喂狗吗?
Will you feed the dog? *feed 喂食。 =Please give the dog some food.
你去遛遛狗吧?
Will you take the dog for a walk?
帮我照看一下弟弟和妹妹啊。
Take care of my brother and sister.
Answer: You bet. (放心吧。)
请(给植物)浇点水。
Please water the plants. *water在这里是动词浇水,洒水。
啊!怎么这么乱呀!
What a mess! =Look at the mess! =What a pigsty!
帮帮我吧。
Help me.
Answer: What do you want me to do? (我能帮你做什么呢?)
把你的屋子收拾收拾。
Clean up your room. =Straighten up your room. =Tidy up the room.
Answer: But Im watching TV now. (可我正在看电视呢。)
帮我打扫打扫卫生。
Help me clean up the house.
洗涤灵用完了。
Were out of dish detergent. *洗衣粉是laundry detergent。
Answer: Ill go get more. (那我去买一瓶。)
你能把衣服晾上吗?
Would you put up the clothes to dry?
你能帮我把衣服叠起来吗?
Will you help me fold up the clothes? *fold up叠整齐。
把地扫扫。
Please sweep the floor.
把厨房的池子洗干净。
Please scrub the sink. *洗一般用动词wash和clean来表示,但是使劲搓洗这一动作,用scrub表示最合适。
我得用吸尘器吸吸我房间了。
I have to vacuum my room. *vacuum用吸尘器打扫。
掸掸柜子上的土。
Please dust the shelves. *dust掸土。 =Please wipe the shelves. (请擦一擦柜子。)
请拖拖地。
Please mop the floor.
你能把那件衬衫熨熨吗?
Will you iron the shirt?
我的裙子得熨了。
I have to iron my skirt. *iron不仅是名词,它还可以用作动词熨。
我们去超市买东西吧。
Lets go grocery shopping.
公园里人挤人。
The park was crowded. =The park was filled with people.
今晚能帮我照看一下孩子吗?
Can you baby-sit tonight? *baby-sit父母不在时帮忙照顾孩子。
上一篇: Prison Break 经典口语(三)
下一篇: 足球比赛“平局”的英文表达