Being Tidy and Messy 整洁和邋遢
A:It is beyond me how you and Oscar can be roommates. Youre very tidy and hes, well, a slob.
我真不明白你和Oscar怎么能成为室友的。你如此整洁,而他那么邋遢。
B:Its not always easy, but were making it work.
确实不容易,但是我们做到了。
A:Isnt Oscar really messy all the time? Whenever I see him, his clothes are rumpled and his hair is unkempt.
难道Oscar不是一直很邋遢吗?我每次见到他,都是衣服皱巴巴,头发乱蓬蓬的。
B:His room is really cluttered, but he keeps the common areas in passable condition. I do have to straighten up fairly often, and I sometimes have to pick up after him, but thats because Im pretty nitpicky.
他的房间确实乱七八糟,但是公共区域还是可以接受的。我确实需要经常清理,有时甚至跟在他后面收拾,但那是因为我很挑剔。
A:Thats very tolerant of you.
你太宽容了。
B:Well, we have set up a system so that if things get too messy, I have some recourse.
我们制定了规章制度,如果太乱了,我有追索权。
A:Really, whats your system?
你们的规章制度是什么呢?
B:Oscar and I agreed that every time he leaves a big mess, I can fine him.
我和Oscar一致同意,每次他把房间弄得太乱,我可以罚款。
A:That seems kind of drastic, but maybe it works for you guys.
这听上去非常严厉,不过或许对你们男孩子来说管用。
B:Yeah, it keeps the place pretty clean.
是的,这样可以让我们的房间非常整洁。
A:Still, knowing Oscar, you must have had to fine him a lot.
不过,根据我对Oscar的了解,你肯定罚了他很多次。
B:Lets just say that my next vacation will be in Monte Carlo!
我只想说,我下一次度假想去蒙特卡罗。
上一篇: 看病!
下一篇: 外贸常用的交际英语口语名句