Doctor:You neednt go on a diet;but you must eat sensibly and youmustnt overeat.
医生:你不必节食,但要饮食有度,不能吃得过饱。
Zoo notice:Visitors must not feed the animals.
动物园通告:参观者不得给动物投喂食物。
Railway notice:Passengers must not walk on the line.
铁路通告:旅客不得在铁路线上行走。
You mustnt drive fast.There is a speed limit here.
你不能开快车。这地方有速度限制。
You neednt drive fast.Weve plenty of time.
你不必开得快。我们时间足够。
You neednt strike a match.I can see well enough.
你不用划亮火柴。我可以看清。
You mustnt strike a match.This room is full of gas.
你不能划火柴。这屋里满是煤气。
School notice:The lifts must not be used during Fire Drill.
学校通告:在消防演习期间禁止使用电梯。
You mustnt wear that dress again.You look terrible in yellow.
你别再穿那套裙装了。你穿黄色难看极了。
Teacher:You neednt read the whole book but you must read the first four- chapters.
老师:你们不必把整本书全读完,但必须读完前四章。
You must cut down that dead tree or it will fall on your house.
你必须把那棵死树砍了,否则它会倒在你的屋顶上。
Doctor:You mustnt take more than two of these pills at once.Three might be fatal.
医生:这些药你每次服用时不得超过两片。服三片就可能有生命危险。
Doctor(to patients wife):If the pain has gone he neednt take any more of these.
医生(对患者的妻子):如果疼痛已经消失了,他就不必再服这些药片了。