显然,老家的亲戚不会用英语问你这个问题,你也不必用英文答(如果你有特别牛的亲戚,请无视这句)。所以,本篇仅供娱乐——咱们就是想看看老外在面对这个问题时都是怎么答的。
亲友同学最爱问的这句:
"Are you seeing anyone?"
“你有对象/男票/女票吗?
普通青年这么答:
1. "No."
“没有。
2. "I’m dating around."
“一直在相亲。
3. "I’m not tied down yet."
“还没遇到合适的。
4. "I’ve been dating someone for a bit, but I can’t say for sure she is the one."
“见过几个人,但都觉得不太合适。
逗比青年这么答:
1. "Yes, and he’s already got two kids of his own, so you’ll get those grandchildren you’ve been waiting for!"
“有男友啊,他已经有两个孩子了。你不是一直想要外孙吗,这下你的愿望可以一步到位了!
2. "Not exactly...I just joined a cult where we don’t believe in any sort of lasting, committed relationships. We just use one another to keep the population populated."
“也不算有吧。。。我最近加入了一个教派,我们教的人都不相信人能有持久忠贞的感情。所以关于繁衍的问题,我们都跟自己人内部解决了,正好也可以扩大教众。
3. "I see people all the time. I’m seeing you right now!"
“我一直在跟各种‘对象’见面啊,你不也是我见面的对象之一嘛!
4. "Actually, I’ve found paper folding and basket weaving to be a better use of my time. Those are two of my new favorite hobbies, you know, since I’m single."
“讲真,我觉得折纸和编花篮是打发时间的好途径。你知道吗,自单身以来,我就喜欢上这两个爱好了。
5. "Well, I’ve started training my dog for the circus, so that takes up a considerable amount of time."
“怎么说呢,我最近一直在训练我的狗,想让它进马戏团。训狗把我的时间都占去了。
6. "My dog fulfills my need for companionship. So do my cats...and my guinea pig."
“我已经有狗狗作伴了,还有喵喵,还有我的荷兰猪。
7. "Have you seen the majority of the male population lately?!"
“你最近没听说吗,现在男性人口太多了,有一部分只能打光棍了?!
8. Point to a random guy and say, "Him. We just don’t like to interact in public settings."
随便指着一个路人甲说:“他就是我男友。一有其他人在,我俩就不好意思说话了。
9. "No…but someone proposed to me at a bar last week. Does that count?"
“没有。不过上周在酒吧有人跟我求婚了。那个算吗?
10. "I’m joining a convent. I’m really looking forward to taking that vow of chastity."
“我刚加入了一所尼姑庵,已经等不及要宣誓永守贞操了。
11. "I’m going to Rome for a year and I don’t want to be tied down when I’m surrounded by all those Italian men who are just dying to bring me home to their mothers and feed me homemade pasta."
“我打算去罗马待一年。一想到将要出现大把的意大利帅哥,急着带我见他们父母、给我做意大利面吃,我就不着急相亲了。
12. "I’m in love with myself. Isn’t that enough?"
“我爱上我自己了,不也挺好嘛?
下一篇: 美国人常用的口头禅
国际英语资讯:U.S. President Trump, DPRK leader Kim meet in Panmunjom, pledge to restart talks
国际英语资讯:Lebanese president calls for emergency meeting on security amid tensions
国内英语资讯:Rail travel demand remains robust on Lunar New Years eve
国内英语资讯:Legislatures role in enforcing water pollution control law stressed
国内英语资讯:Feature: Bird guardians Spring Festival on the Yellow River wetlands
国内英语资讯:Xis special envoy to attend 7th World Government Summit
国内英语资讯:Top political advisor extends Spring Festival greetings to religious personages, believers
研究发现早起的人不容易抑郁
国际英语资讯:U.S. announces withdrawal from landmark nuclear treaty with Russia, sparking worry, criticis
国内英语资讯:Xinhua Headlines: Moving China: The Spring Festival train journey now and then
体坛英语资讯:Mbappe regarded as worlds most valuable football player in CIES report
每天慢跑几公里有什么好处?
国内英语资讯:Chinese leaders extend Spring Festival greetings to former leaders
国际英语资讯:Yemeni warring factions meet over Hodeidah withdrawal for 2nd day
国际英语资讯:India proposes meeting with Pakistan on Kartarpur corridor
情商高的人都有哪些特点?
国际英语资讯:New Zealands arms control law comes into effect
每逢佳节胖五斤?寒假长胖,开学要跑步!
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Xi visits cadres, residents in Beijing ahead of Spring Festival
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier calls for all-round cooperation with Qatar
国际英语资讯:Russia to suspend INF Treaty after U.S. pulls out
吃早饭好,还是不吃早饭好
国内英语资讯:First China-Africa Economic, Trade Expo closes in central China
国际英语资讯:Brunei Sultan greets Chinese people for Chinese Lunar New Year
国内英语资讯:China appreciates European countries efforts to maintain Iran nuclear agreement
国际英语资讯:Nigerian VP survives helicopter crash
体坛英语资讯:Gerardo Martino named as Mexico head coach
2019年12生肖运势预测:猪年会不会走好运呢?
国内英语资讯:China pushing for strict, law-based implementation of special pardons
像当地人一样吃饭:盘点10个国家的餐厅礼仪