不知从什么时候开始,“讲真”二字流行开来,时不时地出现在大家的口头禅里。这个词言简意赅,中文意思让人一听就懂。那你知道“讲真”用英语应该怎么说吗?
1. actually: 其实,事实上
Actually, I didn't see her - I just heard her voice.
实际上,我并没有看见她,只是听到了她的声音。
2. to put it bluntly: 坦率说
To put it bluntly, I can't afford it.
坦率地说,我买不起。
3. to be candid with you: 坦白的说
To be candid with you, I think you're making a dreadful mistake.
跟你说实话,我觉得你在犯一个可怕的错误。
4. to be perfectly frank with you (= Frankly): 十分坦诚的说
To be perfectly frank with you, I don't think she's the woman for the job.
十分坦诚地告诉你,我认为她不适合做那份工作。
5. tell me straight: 坦白说
Tell me straight, would you rather we didn't go tonight?
请坦白告诉我,你是不是希望我们今天晚上不去?
6. to be honest (= Speaking honestly): 老实说
To be honest, I don't think it will be possible.
说老实话,我认为那根本不可能。
7. to tell the truth: 说实话
To tell the truth, I'm quite pleased he's not coming.
说实话,他不来我很高兴。
8. stop/quit beating around the bush: 别绕弯子
Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you want.
别拐弯抹角了,直接告诉我你到底想怎么样。
上一篇: 原来No还可以这么说
下一篇: 主要看气质:“气质”英文怎么说?
面试中问到薪酬问题,怎么回答比较好?
父母的期望 Parents’ Expectation
怎样在两个月内练好英语口语
军训 Military Training
小心网络信息 Be Cautious to the Information on the Internet
参加朋友的生日聚会 Joining My Friend’s Birthday Party
对犯错的人宽容Be Tolerate to the One Who Made Mistakes
伪劣产品的危害 The Dangers of the Fake Products
从好男孩到坏男孩From a Good Boy To a Bad Boy
如果明天我死去 If I Die Tomorrow