为什么我必须做这个?
Why do I have to do this?
(为什么我必须做这个?)
Because it's your job.
(因为那是你的工作。)
Why is it necessary that I do this?
necessary “必要的”。
Why should I do this?
(为什么该我做这个?)
谁把这个工作交给你做的?
Who left this work for you to do?
(谁把这个工作交给你做的?)
The section chief did.
(是科长。)
left是leave(交给)的过去式。
Who gave you this work?
Who assigned this work to you?
assign “分配”。
在这儿没什么事可干。
There's nothing to do here.
(在这儿没什么事可干。)
I know. I'm bored.
(是啊。真无聊。)
nothing “没有什么”。
be bored “无聊”。
There's nothing that can be done here.
There's nothing to be done here.
你会向老板诉苦吗?
Are you complaining to your boss?
(你会向老板诉苦吗?)
Not in a thousand years !
(那怎么可能!)
complain “抱怨”、 “诉苦”。
习惯用语, “绝对不做”、 “绝对讨厌”。
Are you giving your boss a hard time?
(你会找老板麻烦吗?)
Do you complain to your boss?
(你会向老板诉苦吗?)
你想说什么我不是很明白。
I'm not sure what you mean.
(你想说什么我不是很明白。)
Let me try to be more clear.
(我再说得明确一些。)
这句话表示对方说的内容不是很清楚, 无法理解。be sure 指“确信的”、 “明白的”。mean指“意思是”。
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
I don't get it.
(我不理解。)
这里的get指“理解”。
Can you repeat that one more time?
(你能再重复一遍吗?)
repeat “重复”。one more time “再次”。
I don't think I understand.
下一篇: 职场口语一学就会:激励(3)