你总担心些芝麻小事。
This dress is too old-fashioned.
(这条裙子太过时了。)
You look beautiful. You worry about insignificant things.
(你看起来很漂亮。你总担心些芝麻小事。)
worry about ... “担心……”、 “在意……”。insignificant “细微的”、 “不值一提的”、 “无聊的”。
You worry about unimportant things.
unimportant “不重要的”、 “无聊的”。
You worry about little things.
恐怕没有用的。
I'm going to complain.
(我要去投诉。)
I'm afraid it's no use.
(恐怕没有用的。)
这里的no use指“没有用”。
You won't get anywhere.
这里的get指“得到(结果)”。
It won't make any difference.
difference “不同”。
你在犹豫什么?
What's holding you back?
(你在犹豫什么?)
I need to consider my family.
(我得考虑我的家庭。)
hold ... back “使……犹豫”。
consider “认真考虑”。
Why aren't you going for it?
(你为什么不做做看?)
go for ... “努力做……”。
Why wouldn't you do it?
你过虑了。
I'm really worried about the economy.
(我真的很担心经济问题。)
You think too much.
(你过虑了。)
economy “经济”。
You need to take it easy.
(你必须放松。)
You take things too seriously.
(你太认真了。)
seriously “认真地”。
你好像有点坐立不安。
You seem kind of restless. What's wrong?
(你好像有点坐立不安。怎么啦?)
I'm nervous about my big meeting.
(要开一个大会, 我很紧张。)
kind of是避免主观, 较为温和的一种说法, 意思是“有点”、 “某种程度上”。restless指“无法镇静的”、
“不安的”。
You seem kind of nervous.
You seem like something's troubling you.
上一篇: 职场英语百科:表扬(2)
下一篇: 职场口语一学就会:工作态度(7)