为什么?
Mr. Aoki won't be involved.
(青木先生不会牵扯进去。)
Why is that?
(为什么?)
Are there any reasons for that?
(那有什么原因吗?)
May I ask why?
(我可以问问为什么吗?)
你得赔我。
I just broke your typewriter.
(我刚才弄坏了你的打字机。)
You must pay for it.
(你得赔我。)
broke “弄坏”。
直译是“你必须为此付钱”。这里的pay for 指“付钱”。
It'll cost you.
cost “ (使)花费”。
You're the one who will pay for it.
我想要我的那份。
I want my share.
(我想要我的那份。)
I do, too.
(我也是。)
share “一份”、 “份儿”。
I want my part.
这里的part指“ (等量的)份儿”。
I want my cut.
这里的cut指“分到的份儿”、 “得到的份额”。
他们可能又在削减我们的预算。
Why are you worried?
(你为什么担心?)
They might cut our budget again.
(他们可能又在削减我们的预算。)
might “可能”, 表示推测。budget “经费”、 “预算”。
They might slash our budget again.
slash “削减”。
Our budget might be cut again.
我看到公司里有人偷懒。
I see people goofing off in the office.
(我看到公司里有人偷懒。)
You should tell your manager.
(你应该告诉经理。)
goof off “偷懒”。
I notice employees goofing off.
notice “注意到”。employee “雇员”。
People aren't working enough in the office.
请不要插队!
Don't cut in line, please!
(请不要插队!)
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you.
(哦, 对不起, 我没看到你。)
这里的cut in 指“插进”。
End of the line, please.
(请到队伍后面去。)
Please go to the end of the line.
(请到队伍后面去。)
总是那样。
Is it always the same?
(总是一样吗?)
It's always that way.
(总是那样。)
It's never changed.
(从来没变。)
It's always the same.
(总是一样的。)
又来了。
There's another staff meeting today.
(今天还有一个员工会议。)
Here we go again.
(又来了。)
不怎么好的事情反复发生时, 可以用这句话表示“又来了”、 “又开始了”的意思。
One more time.
(又来了。)
Not again.
(有完没完。)
下一篇: 职场口语一学就会:对工作的不满(6)