那不对。
He doesn’t treat his employees well.
(他对自己的雇员不好。)
That’s just not right.
(那不对。)
treat “对待(人)”。
直译是“那样做不对”。
That’s not a good thing.
That’s not the way it should be.
(不应该是那样。)
他无法胜任那份工作。
I think Fred should handle the delivery order.
(我认为处理送货单应该由弗雷德来做。)
He’s not capable of doing that job.
(他无法胜任那份工作。)
handle “处理”。
be capable of ... “有做……的能力”。
He’s not able to do that job.
He can’t do that job.
他在会上的发言不太适当。
His comments during the meeting were out of place.
(他在会上的发言不太适当。)
I hope he was told not to do it again.
(但愿有人提醒他不要再这么做。)
comment “发言”、 “意见”。out of place “场合不对的”、 “不恰当的”。
He should not have made those comments in the meeting.
(他不应该在会上做那样的发言。)
His remarks during the meeting were not called for.
remark “评论”。call for “有必要”。
对形势你没有深入地考虑。
Don’t worry. It’ll be okay.
(别担心, 会好的。)
You’re not taking things seriously.
(对形势你没有深入地考虑。)
seriously “认真地”、 “深入地”。
That’s not being realistic.
(那样不现实。)
realistic “现实的”。
You’re not being serious.
别对他抱太大希望。
How do you feel about the new man?
(你觉得新来的人怎么样?)
Don’t expect too much of him.
(别对他抱太大希望。)
expect of ... “对……表示期待”。
I don’t think you should expect a lot of him.
I wouldn’t expect much of him if I were you.
(如果我是你, 我就不会对他抱太大希望。)
你工作做得太认真了。
You take a lot of pride in your work.
(你工作做得太认真了。)
Are you being sarcastic?
(你是在讽刺人吧?)
take pride in ... “认真做……”、 “ 以……自豪”、 “对……感到得意”。如果被人这么说的话, 意思
也可能表示“你的工作速度真慢啊”。
sarcastic “讽刺的”、 “挖苦的”。
You’re very careful with your work.
(你做事太认真了。)
You do your job with diligence.
diligence “小心”、 “认真”。
I like that you’re attentive to your work.
attentive “用心的”、 “认真的”、 “小心翼翼的”。
他做什么事都很慢。
Why don’t you ask Mr. Smith to do it?
(你为什么不叫史密斯先生做这件事?)
He always does everything slowly.
(他做什么事都很慢。)
slowly “慢地”、 “缓慢地”。
He never gets anything done on time.
(无论什么事他从不按时完成。)
on time “按时”。
He’s so slow in everything he does.
上一篇: 职场口语一学就会:激励(4)
下一篇: 职场口语一学就会:常用的表扬话(4)