没有人能赢得过你。
You’re a tough one to beat.
(没有人能赢得过你。)
That’s because I’ve been doing it so long.
(那是因为这份工作我已经干了很长时间了。)
直译是“你这人很难对付”。tough 指“不屈的”、 “难对付的”。beat 指“打败”、 “打破”。
It isn’t easy to beat you.
You are hard to beat.
It’s difficult to beat you.
我输给你了。
You beat me.
(我输给你了。)
That’s because I work faster.
(那是因为我干得快些。)
beat “打败”、 “打破”。
You won.
(你赢了。)
I lost.
(我输了。)
我希望能像他一样。
He is very successful professionally.
(他在事业上很成功。)
I want to be like him.
(我希望能像他一样。)
successful “成功的”。professionally “职业上”。
I want to be the same kind of person he is.
the same kind of person “同类人”。
I want to emulate him.
emulate “同……竞争”、 “比得上”。
他的声誉提高了。
His reputation has improved.
(他的声誉提高了。)
Do you think he has really changed?
(你认为他真变了吗?)
reputation “评价”、 “名声”。improve “好转”、 “变好”。
His reputation has gotten better.
get better “变好”。
He has a better reputation now.
时间正好!
I just finished the budget.
(我刚刚做完预算。)
Good timing!
(时间正好!)
You timed that just right!
这里的time是动词, 表示“算好(做某事的)时间”。
That was great timing!
你来得正好!
Am I late?
(我迟到了吗?)
You’re just in time!
(你来得正好!)
just in time “时间正好”。in time带有“及时”的含义。
You made it on time!
(你真准时!)
on time “准时”。
You’re right on time!
(你来得正是时候!)
You got here just in time!
(你准时到了这儿!)
上一篇: 职场英语百科:对别人的能力评价较低(1)
下一篇: 职场口语一学就会:表扬性格(4)