这个消息让我太丢脸了。
Your employees were stealing from the company.
(你的雇员从公司偷东西。)
I’m ashamed to hear that.
(这个消息让我太丢脸了。)
be ashamed to ... “觉得丢脸”。
I’m embarrassed to hear that.
(这个消息让我很尴尬。)
be embarrassed “尴尬”。
Hearing that is embarrassing.
embarrassing “使人为难的”、 “使人难堪的”。
我不擅长算术。
Your checkbook isn’t balanced correctly.
(你的账上有出入。)
I’m not good at math.
(我不擅长算术。)
mathematics 指“数学”,省略为math。be good at ... “擅长……”。
I’m bad at math.
I’m poor at math.
I’m not good with figures.
(我对数字不擅长。)
我在考虑该怎么办。
I’m trying to figure out what to do.
(我在考虑该怎么办。)
I have confidence you’ll find a way.
(我相信你能找到办法的。)
try to ... “试图……”。figure out ... “想出……”、 “解决(问题等)”。
confidence “信心”。
I’m trying to decide what to do.
I’m not sure what to do.
(我不知道该怎么做。)
I’m trying to find a way to handle this.
handle “处理”。
他在想事情。
He’s deep in thought.
(他在想事情。)
I wonder what he is thinking about.
(他在想什么呢?)
be deep in thought “冥思苦想”、 “沉思”、 “埋头想事情”。
He is giving something a lot of thought.
(他在冥思苦想什么事情。)
give ... a lot of thought “冥思苦想……”。
He’s really concentrating.
(他在认真思考。)
concentrate “集中”。
He’s thinking seriously.
问题是从哪里开始。
The question is where to begin.
(问题是从哪里开始。)
I can’t help you with that.
(那个我帮不了你。)
question “问”、 “提问”,在这里指“ 问题”。
The question is, where do we start?
较为强调的说法。
The question is, how do we begin?
(问题是我们如何开始。)
这一次我真的栽跟头了。
I really blew it this time.
(这一次我真的栽跟头了。)
It’s not too late to remedy the situation.
(亡羊补牢还为时不晚。)
blow “落空”。
remedy “改善”。直译是“挽回局势还不算晚”。
I really screwed up this time.
screw up “ (计划等)搞得一团糟”。
I really made a mistake this time.
make a mistake “出错”。
上一篇: 职场英语百科:各种惊讶的话(3)
下一篇: 职场口语一学就会:各种惊讶的话(2)