我有很多发愁的事。
You look troubled.
(你好像有什么烦恼。)
I have a lot on my mind.
(我有很多发愁的事。)
on my mind “牵挂”、 “挂念”。
I’ve got a lot of problems.
(我手头有很多问题。)
I have a lot to worry about.
(有很多事让我担心。)
worry about “担心”。
你为什么拉长着脸?
Why the long face?
(你为什么拉长着脸?)
I just lost an important client.
(我刚刚丢掉了一个重要的客户。)
long face “闷闷不乐的脸”、 “忧郁的表情”、 “哭丧的脸”。
lost是lose的过去式, “丢掉”、 “丧失”。important “重要的”、 “关键的”。client “客户”、 “顾客”。
What’s the matter?
(有什么问题?)
matter “成问题的事”。
Why do you look so sad?
(你为什么看上去那么悲伤?)
sad “低落的”、 “悲伤的”。
我不知道该相信谁。
Do you believe me or him?
(你相信我还是相信他?)
I don’t know who to believe.
(我不知道该相信谁。)
I don’t know who is right.
(我不知道谁对。)
Who’s telling the truth?
(谁说的是真话?)
汤姆生气了?
Was Tom upset?
(汤姆生气了?)
No, he was understanding.
(没有,他很通情达理。)
upset有“发愁的”、 “生气的”、 “悲伤的”等意思, 用于情绪波动的时候。
Was Tom angry?
angry “生气的”、 “发怒的”。
Was Tom mad?
mad “生气的”、 “焦躁的”。
Was Tom pissed?
pissed “生气的”、 “发怒的”,俚语。因为容易引起对方不快,所以使用的时候要注意。
这个如果失败了,我就麻烦了。
If this fails, I’ll be in trouble.
(这个如果失败了,我就麻烦了。)
I’ll cross my fingers for you.
(我会为你祈祷的。)
cross one’s fingers “祈祷好运”,习惯用语。
If this doesn’t work, I’m in trouble.
If this ends in failure, I’ll be in hot water.
be in hot water “陷入困境”。
不尽人意。
How is your project going?
(你们的项目进展怎么样?)
Not the way we’d like.
(不尽人意。)
we’d是we would的缩写。
Not the way we had hoped.
Not the way we wanted.
Not the way we had expected.
我感觉每个人都在看着我。
I feel like everyone’s looking at me.
(我感觉每个人都在看着我。)
It’s all in your head.
(这都是你的心理作用。)
feel like ... “感觉好像……”。
I feel like people are watching me.
I feel like someone’s watching me.
(我感觉好像有人在看着我。)
我们能改变局面吗?
Can we turn things around?
(我们能改变局面吗?)
I think we can.
(我想我们能行。)
turn around “ (市场、经济、通货、工作形势等)突然好转”。
Do we have any chance of a turnaround?
turnaround “突然好转”。
Can we do better?
(我们能做得更好吗?)
Can we change the trend?
(我们能改变这种趋势吗?)
trend “倾向”、 “趋势”。
下一篇: 职场英语百科:公司里的闲话(1)
国内英语资讯:Spotlight: Chinese premier to visit Singapore for free trade, regional cooperation
爱到底是什么?爱是战争
体坛英语资讯:Barca back on top but Messi injured
国际英语资讯:EU, Algeria vow to boost counter-terrorism cooperation
体坛英语资讯:American archer Cowles wins individual recurve gold in Buenos Aires
国际英语资讯:Trump says no bilateral meeting with Putin in Paris
国际英语资讯:Laos, Cuba agree to cement traditional ties
国内英语资讯:China, Singapore upgrade FTA, eye closer connectivity cooperation
国内英语资讯:China solicits public opinions on draft vaccine management law
国际英语资讯:Russia, U.S. may discuss reconciliation in Afghanistan: Russian senior diplomat
国际英语资讯:Former U.S. trader pleads guilty to fraud and spoofing
体坛英语资讯:Injury rules two Kenyans out of Delhi Half Marathon
娱乐英语资讯:Marvels comics legend Stan Lee dies at 95
国际英语资讯:U.S. Republican Party maintains Senate majority in midterm elections
国际英语资讯:Putin expects dialogue to continue on situation around NATO military drills
国内英语资讯:China-Afghanistan-Pakistan dialogue stresses connectivity for regional development
国际英语资讯:Indonesia extends search mission after fatal flight
体坛英语资讯:Luneng beat Teda 2-0 as Guedes nets first CSL goal
国际英语资讯:UKs former PM says parliament should have final vote on Brexit deal
改革印记:从彩电冰箱“四大件”到“买遍全球”
体坛英语资讯:Marseille edge Nice, Montpellier climb to third in Ligue 1
体坛英语资讯:Chinas Zhou Lijun wins silver in Manchester taekwondo GP
体坛英语资讯:Dortmund, Bayern win in German Bundesliga
体坛英语资讯:Kenya replaces Equatorial Guinea to attend AWCON
娱乐英语资讯:Marvels comics legend Stan Lee dies at 95
国内英语资讯:Xi urges HK, Macao to embrace nations reform, opening-up for greater development
国际英语资讯:Arab League chief urges Libyan parties to reach political consensus
国际英语资讯:Death toll from buildings collapse in southern France reaches 5
体坛英语资讯:Zheng wins Chinas first gold at Manchester Taekwondo Grand Prix
国际英语资讯:Early results suggest split Congress as voting ends in U.S. midterms