真相是这样的。
That’s what I heard.
(我听到的就是这些。)
The real story is this.
(真相是这样的。)
real “真正的”。
Here’s the real story.
I’ll tell you the real story.
(我来告诉你真相。)
果然如此。
Jane just announced she is getting married.
(简刚宣布说她要结婚了。)
I guessed right.
(果然如此。)
guess “猜测”。直译是“我的猜测是对的”、 “我猜对了”。
I was right.
(我是对的。)
I knew it all along.
(我一开始就知道了。)
all long “一直”、 “从一开始”。
消息传得可真快。
I heard you’re going to be transferred.
(我听说你要调走了。)
News gets around.
(消息传得可真快。)
get around “ (传言等)传遍”、 “传播”。
News travels fast.
Word gets around fast.
Rumors spread quickly, don’t they?
(谣言传得可真快。)
别提这个话题。
Is the company really going out of business?
(那家公司真的要倒闭了吗?)
Don’t mention that subject.
(别提这个话题。)
go out of business “破产”、 “倒闭”。
mention “提及”、 “叙说”。subject “话题”、 “主题”。
Don’t bring that up.
bring ... up “言及(话题等)”。
Don’t talk about that.
I don’t want to hear about that.
(那件事我不想听。)
hear about ... “听关于……”。
Don’t say a word about that.
别散播谣言了。
I heard she got fired.
(我听说她被解雇了。)
Don’t spread false rumors.
(别散播谣言了。)
spread “散播”、 “传播”。false “错误的”、 “虚假的”。rumor “谣言”。
Don’t gossip about things that aren’t true.
gossip “传播谣言”。
Stop spreading lies.
(不要散播谣言。)
关于这件事你知道些什么?
What do you know about it?
(关于这件事你知道些什么?)
I only know what the boss told me.
(我只知道老板告诉我的那么多。)
Do you know the story?
(你知道那件事吗?)
What’s the scoop?
(有什么特别消息吗?)
scoop “独家资讯”。
你在想什么?
What’s on your mind?
(你在想什么?)
My upcoming vacation.
(不久的假期。)
习惯用语。be on one’s mind “心里想着”。
What are you thinking about?
What do you have on your mind?
上一篇: 职场英语百科:各种闲聊的话题(3)
下一篇: 职场英语百科:有关传言的对话(3)