田中小姐要结婚了。
Miss Tanaka is going to get married.
(田中小姐要结婚了。)
That’s wonderful. (太好了。)
get married “结婚”。
Miss Tanaka and Mr. Aoki will get married.
(田中小姐和青木先生要结婚了。)
Miss Tanaka will marry Mr. Aoki.
(田中小姐要和青木先生结婚。)
Miss Tanaka will get married to Mr. Aoki.
(田中小姐要嫁给青木先生。)
我听说你要结婚了。
I’ve heard you’re getting married.
(我听说你要结婚了。)
Yes, next month actually.
(是啊, 实际上就在下个月。)
I’ve been told you’re tying the knot.
tie the knot “结婚”。
I understand you’re getting married.
I’ve heard there are wedding plans in your future.
in one’s future “将来”。
你们俩之间发生什么没有?
What’s going on between you two?
(你们俩之间发生什么没有?)
Nothing really. We’re just friends.
(没什么。我们只是朋友关系。)
go on “发生”。between “在……之间”。
What’s with the two of you?
Is there something between you two?
你一直在和他交往吗?
Have you been seeing him?
(你一直在和他交往吗?)
We’ve been dating for three months.
(我们交往已经有3个月了。)
see是动词, 表示“交往”。
date是动词, 和see相同, 也表示“交往”的意思。
Have you been dating him?
Have you been going out with him?
go out with ... “和……交往”、 “和……约会”。
漂亮的女孩都已经名花有主了。
Ever think of getting married?
(想过要结婚吗?)
Yes, but all the pretty girls are taken.
(想过, 可是漂亮的女孩都已经名花有主了。)
be taken “被得到”、 “没有空的”。
Every good-looking one is taken.
good-looking “漂亮的”、 “长相好的”。
All the good ones are taken.
All the good-looking men are married.
(所有的帅男人都结婚了。)
青木小姐是你喜欢的类型吧?
Miss Aoki is your type, isn’t she?
(青木小姐是你喜欢的类型吧?)
You can say that again.
(完全正确。)
type “类型”。
“You can say that again.”是习惯用语, 表示“完全正确”。
Is Miss Aoki your type?
I bet Miss Aoki is your type, isn’t she?
I bet ... “一定是……”。
我怎么能认识她?
How can I get to know her?
(我怎么能认识她?)
I can introduce you to her, if you like.
(如果你愿意, 我可以把你介绍给她。)
“How can I ...?” 表示“怎么能够……”。get to know 指“认识”。
What would it take to get to know her?
Any way I could get to know her?
(有什么认识她的办法吗?)
How do you think I could get to know her?
上一篇: 职场口语一学就会:拒绝(1)
下一篇: 职场英语百科:关于人际关系的话题(4)