我的脚麻了。
My feet went to sleep on me.
(我的脚麻了。)
That’s an uncomfortable feeling.
(那种感觉可不舒服了。)
go to sleep表示“脚麻了”。在坐位上坐久了脚麻了可以这么说。
My feet are asleep.
My feet fell asleep.
我站不起来了, 我的腿麻了。
It’s time to go. (该回去了。)
I can’t stand up because my legs have gone to sleep.
(我站不起来了, 我的腿麻了。)
stand up “站起来”。go to sleep是“睡觉”、 “入眠”的意思, 但是my legs have gone to sleep是说“我
的腿麻了”。外国人在塌塌米上坐过之后常常会这么说。
My legs have fallen asleep, so I can’t get up.
fall asleep “入眠”。不过, 这里my legs作主语, 说的是“腿麻了”的意思。get up “站起来”。
I can’t stand because my legs are numb.
numb “麻的”、 “失去知觉的”。
我喜欢去泡酒吧。
What do you do after work?
(下班后你做什么?)
I like to go barhopping.
(我喜欢去泡酒吧。)
因为hop是“短跳”、 “跳跃”的意思, 所以go barhopping就是指“一家接着一家地泡酒吧”。
I like to hit the bars.
I like to barhop.
末班车是几点?
What time is the last train?
(末班车是几点?)
Midnight.
(夜里12点。)
When does the last train leave?
这里的leave指“出发”。
What’s the time of the last train?
我玩得很高兴。
Did you enjoy yourself?
(你玩得高兴吗?)
I had a very good time.
(我玩得很高兴。)
have a very good time “过得很愉快”、 “觉得很高兴”。
I had lots of fun.
(我非常高兴。)
fun “快乐”。
I really enjoyed tonight.
(今天晚上我真的过得很愉快。)
你有火吗?
Do you have a light?
(你有火吗?)
Sorry, I don’t smoke.
(对不起, 我不抽烟。)
向别人借火点烟时有代表性的说法。light 指“ (火柴、打火机、香烟等)点火物”。
Could I bother you for a light?
(麻烦你给我个火好吗?)
bother “麻烦”、 “打扰”。
Would you give me a light?
上一篇: 职场英语百科:关于爱好的话题(2)
下一篇: 职场英语:你在商务旅行时需要用到的英语
国际英语资讯:China, Indonesia cooperate in earthquake early warning system
纽约孕妇地铁寻座记
巴西一男两女家庭模式遭炮轰
国际英语资讯:News Analysis: Lebanon PM faces U.S. pressure for tougher line against Hezbollah: analysts
国内英语资讯:China urges Japan to honor its commitment, take actions to win Asian neighbors trust
国际英语资讯:Canadian opposition parties seeking to review report on Trudeaus violation of ethics law
国内英语资讯:China solicits public opinions on draft revisions of judicial authentication regulations
体坛英语资讯:Filipe Luis: Flamengo move a childhood dream
体坛英语资讯:Suns sign forward Diallo
体坛英语资讯:Argentine football chief Tapia removed from FIFA role