Jane:
Guess what? I've got great news!
你猜怎么着?我有个特大消息!
Jim:
What is it?
什么消息?
Jane:
Well, you know how I've been working at the Economist as a proof-reader, right?
你知道我给经济学家做校对,对吧?
Jim:
Yes.
是.
Jane:
Well, the editor-in-chief heard that I had experience as an editor at another maganize and asked me if I was interested in becoming an assiatant editor for him.
嗯,总编听说我以前在另一家杂志做过编辑,就问我想不想做她的助理编辑.
Jim:
Really? That's fantastic! Will you get a chance to do any writing?
真的吗?太棒了!你有机会写文章了?
Jane:
She said that the columnist for the literary criticism column would be going on pregnancy leave soon and that I could be in charge of the column until she came back.
她说文学评论版的专栏编辑怀孕了,马上要休假.在她回来之前,我可以负责这个专栏.
Jim:
Wow! That's really great news. How often does the magazine come out?
哇!这真是好消息.这杂志多久出一期?
Jane:
It's a monthly magazine, but my column will be shared with another columnist so my articles will be due fortnightly.
是个月刊,不过我的专栏要和另一个专栏编辑合作,所以我的文章大概两周出一次.
Jim:
Are you looking forward to doing more editing work?
你还希望做更多的编辑工作吗?
Jane:
Yes, but I'm even more excited about getting my thoughts published again!
是的,不过我对我的文章能够再次出版还是相当兴奋的.
Jim:
Do you have any order forms here so that I can get a subscription to the magazine?
你手头有没有征订单?这样我就可以预定这本杂志了.
Jane:
I don't have any with me, but I think I could manage to bring a free copy home for you.
我手头没有,不过我想我可以给你免费带回家一本.
Jim:
I'm really looking forward to reading your column.
我非常期待能看到你的专栏.
Jane:
Me, too. Do you want to go out to celebrate my good news?
我也是.你想不想跟我一起出去庆祝一下?
Jim:
Sure, where would you like to go?
当然,你想去哪里?
Jane:
Perhaps we could go to the library festival that's going on at the local bookshop.
也许咱们可以去书店看看正在进行的文艺节.