Susan:
You have a lovely home, John. I hope you'll show me around inside sometime.
約翰,你家很漂亮。 我希望你以後能帶我去參觀一下。
John:
There is no time like the present. Please come right in. I'll be happy to show you around.
現在最合適不過了。請進。我很高興帶你到處看看。
Susan:
That's very kind of you. I hope I'm not putting you to a lot of trouble.
你真好。我希望不會給你添太多麻煩。
John:
No trouble at all. Now, here's the living room.
一點也不麻煩。這是客廳。
Susan:
It's quite spacious, isn't it? And very sunny, too.
很寬敞,不是嗎?而且采光也很好。
John:
Yes. The room faces south, so we have sunshine all day long.
是的。這個房間朝南,因此我們整天都有陽光。
Susan:
It's beautifully furnished.
房間佈置得很精緻。
John:
I'm glad you like it.
我很高興你喜歡。
Susan:
Who is your designer and where did you ever get this furniture?
你的設計師是誰,還有,你在哪買到這些傢俱呢?
John:
We hired Shields and Ross to do the design, but most of the furnishings had to be made to order.
我們請席爾斯蘿絲公司幫我們設計,但大部份傢俱是訂做的。
Susan:
No wonder it is so nice!
難怪這麼漂亮。