Molly:
Gordon, How's it going?
高登, 你好吗?
Gordon:
Same old, same old, and you?
还好,你呢?
Molly:
Things could be better, I am looking for a new job. Can you give me a job?
我还可以,但我正在找一个工作,你能给我工作吗?
Gordon:
I would be glad to, but I can't. Can you speak German?
我很愿意帮忙,但利不从心。你会讲德语吗?
Molly:
Of course not, I am an English student.
我很愿意帮忙,但利不从心。你会讲德语吗?
Gordon:
Do you like speaking English?
你喜欢说英文吗?
Molly:
You bet, that's right. English can be fun. Don't you love speaking English?
你猜的没错,说英文很有趣。难道你不喜欢吗?
Gordon:
In your dreams! English is hard. I like speaking Chinese to beautiful Chinese girls!
你做梦吧!英文太难了,我喜欢对着美丽的中国女孩说中文!
Molly:
But English is important. Whenever I surf the net, I use English.
但英文非常重要,无论什么时候我上网浏览,都用英文。
Gordon:
Do you think surfing the Internet is a productive hobby?
你觉得上网是个能给你带来收获的嗜好吗?
Molly:
No doubt about it. Do you agree?
毫无疑问!你同意吗?
Gordon:
You bet.
没错!
Molly:
Great, then can I use your computer?
太好了!那么,我能用你的电脑吗?
Gordon:
Maybe, what will you use my computer for? To find a job?
也许,你会用我的电脑来做什么?找工作吗?
Molly:
Absolutely not, no way. I will use your computer to learn more about Paul McCartney of the Beatles, and to find a new boyfriend. Can I still use your computer?
当然不,一点不会。我想用你的电脑去了解更多关于“披头士”乐队保尔·麦卡特尼的事情,同时也找个新男朋友。我还能用你的电脑吗?
Gordon:
In your dreams. Catch you later.
做梦吧!一会见。
Molly:
Bye.
再见!
对话讲解:
surf the net 上网
Do you frequently surf the net?
你经常上网吗?
No doubt about it.毫无疑问!