Interviewer:
Have you ever worked as a tour guide?
你当过导游吗?
Applicant:
I have a little experience. I guided a few foreign tourists around Beijing last year as a part-time job. I showed them to the Great Wall, the Imperial Palace, and the Summer Palace.
我有一点经验。去年我带领一些外国旅客在北京观光,那是份兼职工作。我带领他们去了长城、故宫和颐和园。
Interviewer:
Then you may know that it`s hard work.
那你可能知道这是份辛苦的工作。
Applicant:
Yes, I know. A friend of mine is a guide. He talked with me about his work, but I don`t mind working hard.
是的,我知道。我有一个朋友是导游。他跟我谈过他的工作,但我不介意工作辛苦。
Interviewer:
Have you applied with any other companies?
你向其它公司申请过吗?
Applicant:
No, this is my first.
没有,这是第一次。
Interviewer:
Is there anything you want to ask about?
你有什么事情想问吗?
Applicant:
I`d like to be an overseas tour guide someday. Would there ever be any chance of that?
我希望有天能做国际导游。将来我会有这样的机会吗?
Interviewer:
Certainly. There`ll be a good chance of that if you work for this company. Not right away, of course, but in a few years, after you learn more about our business, you may go overseas with a tour group. Any questions?
当然有。如果你在这家公司工作,就会有好机会。当然不是马上就有,但是往后几年,在你学到更多本公司的业务后,你就可以带团去国外了。还有什么问题吗?
Applicant:
Yes. When can I get the decision? I hope you can give me a definite answer as soon as possible. If I`m turned down, I ll have to secure a position elsewhere.
哦,我何时能知道你们的决定呢?我希望您能尽快给我一个明确的答复。如果我被拒绝了,我还得去别的地方找工作。
Interviewer:
All right, then. We`ll get in touch with you within a week. Thank you for coming today, Mr. Sun.
好,我在一周之内会与你联络。谢谢你过来,孙先生。
Applicant:
Thank you. Good-bye.
谢谢你。再见。
Interviewer:
Good-bye.
再见。
对话讲解:
guide vt. 领路;带领
They guided us to the office.
他们带领我们到了办公室。
go overseas 去国外
If you go overseas, will you take the children out with you?
如果你去海外,你会带上孩子吗?
turn down 拒绝
We've had to turn down four applicants already.
我们已经不得不回绝了四位申请人。