Interviewer:
Why don`t you begin by telling me something about yourself?
你就从谈谈你自己开始吧!
Applicant:
What do you want to know?
你想知道些什么?
Interviewer:
The usual, you know, something about your background and experience and anything personal that you feel is pertinent.
一般的情况,你的背景啦、经历和你觉得任何与此有关的个人情况。
Applicant:
Well, I was born in Shanghai and went to school there, right up through college. My father is a lawyer, and my mother is a teacher.
好吧。我出生在上海,在那儿上学,一直到大学毕业。我父亲是个律师,母亲是个教师。
Interviewer:
Sounds as if you come from a professional family.
这么说你出自于一个职业家庭。
Applicant:
That`s right. One of my sisters is a doctor and the other one teaches at a university.
是的。我姐姐是医生,另一个姐在大学任教。
Interviewer:
What made you decide to get into computers?
是什么让你决定搞计算机这一行的?
Applicant:
Oh, nothing in particular, I guess. I always liked mathematics and tinkering with machines.
我想没什么特殊的原因。我一向喜欢数学和摆弄机器。
Interviewer:
Now what about your experience? How long have you been working with computers?
那再谈谈你的经历吧。你干计算机这行有多久了?
Applicant:
More than five years now. After I did my engineering degree, I began to specialize in computer technology and I even had my own company for a while.
五年多了。读完工程学位后,我就开始专攻计算机技术,甚至有段时间我还建立了自己的公司。
Interviewer:
It certainly sounds impressive. Why don`t you have your credentials sent to me and I`ll show them to the board? We`ll probably get back to you in a week.
这真不错。你何不把你的证件寄给我,我拿给董事会看看?一个星期之内,我们可能会和你联系。
Applicant:
Thanks very much.
非常感谢。
对话讲解:
sounds as if 听上去似乎
It sounds as if you have caught cold .
听上去你似乎得了感冒。
decide to do 决定做
The boy decided not to become a sailor.
那孩子决定将来不当水手。
in particular 特别,尤其
He studies in particular the fishes of the Indian Ocean.
他专门研究印度洋的鱼类。
specialize in 专攻;专门研究
That doctor specializes in children's illnesses.
那位医生专门研究儿科疾病。