Interviewer:
Come in, please.
请进。
Applicant:
Good afternoon, Mrs Smith.
下午好,史密斯女士。
Interviewer:
Good afternoon. Have a seat, please. You are Mr. Sun?
下午好,请坐。你是孙先生吧?
Applicant:
Thank you. Yes, I am Sunlin.
谢谢。是的,我是孙林。
Interviewer:
I have read your resume. I know you have worked for 3 years. Why did you choose to major in mechanical engineering?
我看过你的简历,我知道你已经工作3年了。为什么你选择了机械工程专业呢?
Applicant:
Many factors led me to major in mechanical engineering. The most important factor is I like tinkering with machines.
许多因素导致我选择了机械工程这个专业,但最重要的一个因素就是我非常喜欢摆弄机械。
Interviewer:
What are you primarily interested in about mechanical engineering?
关于机械工程,你最感兴趣的是什么?
Applicant:
I like designing products, and one of my designs received an award. Moreover, I am familiar with CAD. But I can do any mechanic well if I am employed.
我喜欢设计产品,我的一份设计作品还得过奖。而且,我非常熟悉CAD。但如果我被录用,我什么都能做好。
Interviewer:
Why did you decide to apply for this position?
你为什么要应聘这份工作呢?
Applicant:
Your company has a very good reputation, and I am very interested in the field your company is in.
贵公司的声誉很好,而且我对贵公司所从事的这个领域非常感兴趣。
Interviewer:
What do you think determines an employee`s progress in a company such as ours?
你认为在我们这样的公司里是什么决定着一个雇员的发展?
Applicant:
Interpersonal and technical skills.
人际关系的技巧和技术技能。
Interviewer:
We have several applicants for this position. Why do you think you are the person we should choose?
我们有几个应聘者,你认为为什么你就是我们应该选择的那个呢?
Applicant:
I have the abilities, qualities and experience that you requested in your job advert, for example I have three years experience in designing products and I got leadership experience while serving the college student union as president.
我具备你们招聘广告上所要求的能力、品质以及工作经验,比如我有三年的产品设计经验,而且我有领导才能,在大学时担任过学生会的主席。
Interviewer:
That sounds very good. How do you see your career development?
听起来非常不错。你如何看待你的事业发展呢?
Applicant:
After a few years of gaining experience in the company and furthering my professional qualifications I`d like to put my experience and skills to use in management. I want to become a supervisor in your R&D department.
在公司具有了几年的经验以及提高专业能力之后,我想把我的经验和技能运用到管理方面,我想成为贵公司研发部的主管。
Interviewer:
Have you anything to ask about the job?
对这个工作,你有什么问题要问吗?
Applicant:
Yes. Do you offer any opportunities for further study?
有。你们提供进修的机会吗?
Interviewer:
Yes. If you undertake additional courses, provided these are approved, and you complete them successfully, you can claim back part, quite a large part, 75% of the costs you incurred. Not just the fees, - traveling and other expenses too.
提供,如果被批准你学习额外的课程,而你又顺利学完的话,你就可以申请补助,多达你所花费的75%。不仅仅是课程费,还包括差旅费以及其他费用。
Applicant:
That`s fine.
太好了。
Interviewer:
Anything else?
还有问题吗?
Applicant:
No.
没有了。
Interviewer:
Well, thank you very much, Mr. Sun. I`ll let you know the result of the interview as soon as possible. Goodbye.
那好,谢谢你,孙先生。我会尽快告诉你面试结果的。再见。
Applicant:
Thank you, Mrs. Smith. I do hope the answer will be favorable. Goodbye.
谢谢你,史密斯女士。我希望结果是顺利的。再见。
对话讲解:
choose to do 选择去做……
She chose to study chemistry.
她选择了学化学。
be familiar with 熟悉
Unless they happen to be familiar with Chinese customs,
除非碰巧熟悉中国人的习俗,
career development事业发展